FF Councillor demands that State should prosecute Ming

The banking crisis isn't an excuse nor is FF's record in government. If it had been an FG councillor saying this no one would be mentioning the banking crisis.

The law is the law and he seems intent on breaking it even though he has been given the privilege of serving in the Dáil. Cannabis is a gateway drug, there's fuck all recreational about it.

The banking crisis isn't an excuse nor is FF's record in government. If it had been an FG councillor saying this no one would be mentioning the banking crisis.

The law is the law and he seems intent on breaking it even though he has been given the privilege of serving in the Dáil. Cannabis is a gateway drug, there's fuck all recreational about it.

But his local Gardai can make that case, if they have the evidence.

The last thing we need is another politician trying to influence the legal system.

What does that even mean? If it's not recreational then what is it? An obligatory requirement? The final trial before being allowed entry to Valhalla?

You're a fucking idiot.

and what is alcohol or tobacco? oh right someone told u it was ok to get hammered on them
power to ming hes one of the few who actually gives a toss about the country in that government

What does that even mean? If it's not recreational then what is it? An obligatory requirement? The final trial before being allowed entry to Valhalla?

You're a fucking idiot.

Aww sweetness touch a nerve did I?
I've seen what that shit does to teenagers and there's nothing recreational (I.e. harmless - which you knew) about it. As for the fucking idiot piece, run along now ya child.....

He's got a point to be fair to him. Ming is doing something that is against the law. If teachers tell pupils to stay away from drugs and a TD is openly smoking 'A Naturally Occurring Substance' then it makes them look pretty stupid.

Society needs less drugs not more.

correction - Cannabis is only considered a drug due to the influence of Du Pont Chemicals in the 1920's/30's . Prior to that it was always considered to be what it actually is - an 'Naturally Occurring Herb'

And Heroin too.

No - That stuff is vile and should be controlled. And not the joke they call 'Control' at the moment.

Go read/watch the many many documentaries - Both for and against the 'Substance'. As for Holland try a simple experiment yourself without looking up statistics - go there. jump on a train out of Amsterdam to the countryside. Try find some weed... See how many 'Coffee Shops' there are that have it for sale/consumption...

Aww sweetness touch a nerve did I?
I've seen what that shit does to teenagers and there's nothing recreational (I.e. harmless - which you knew) about it. As for the fucking idiot piece, run along now ya child.....
No, I did not know that. My dictionary must be out of date. Recreational and harmless do not mean the same thing. After all Methamphetamine and Heroin are regarded as recreational drugs.

How many people do you know who started out on dope then progressed to booze and fags in their youth? Because most people I know started with booze and fags. Does that make them gateway drugs? Of course not. Because the gateway drug theory is a lame duck piece of pseudo science used as a last ditch attempt to divert attention from the fact that the law against Cannabis and all it's associated woes do more damage than the substance itself could ever do even in a legal, mass consumed state. This is a fact. It cannot be refuted or contested.

Think about it. What does gateway drug actually mean? What cosmic forces are playing a part in leading a stoner to try out gear? Certain people are always going to be keen to get fucked up on as many drugs as they can. Certain people become hooked. Certain people just have their day in the sun then get on with being an adult, most people in my experience keep it to weed after trying one or two other things and eventually will probably kick the weed too.

In fact the only worthwhile connection between Cannabis use and using harder drugs stems from the fact that you are purchasing wares from a d r u g d e a l e r who may - golly - have other drugs for sale.

Who gives a shit about this ... I mean really. Kids are not going to start rocking the ganj because some TD is doing it. Kids in my experience are largely uninformed and unenthusiastic about the lives of public representatives. He is breaking the law yes but it is a law that has zero potential of ever harming anyone but himself. Remove your head from the 'you can't be doing this, it's illegal' forbidden lines mentality and look at the real world implications of it.

He is drawing attention to what he feels is an important matter and he is being honest. Sometimes this is the only way you can nail your point home. Draw up any analogy you want. I like the one about the blacks disobeying the law in their fight for civil liberties in the sixties myself.

Legalise and tax it - would be good for 500mil a year easy...

btw Decriminalization in Holland actually saw the use of cannabis go down...

According to the Dutchman beside me, heroin and cocaine use went down, not cannabis use. Cannabis use spread but within a few years people weren't being pushed into harder drugs by the dealers they didn't have to go to anymore.

Holland now has a lower percentage of heroin and cocaine users than the US or France.

(He was one of those kids; first generation after legalization. People older than he is use the harder drugs more regularly than people his age.)

It might not have gone down but The Netherlands remarkably has a much lower rate of Cannabis smoking amongst it's natives than countries like us, the UK and the yanks do. Most people really don't give that much of a shit about dope smoking over there.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Lee Sessions Trad Trail
The Gables, Douglas St.

19th May 2024 @ 9:00 pm
More info..

Thursday Tours

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 6:30pm

More events ▼