Fear of flying...... :-(

does anyone else have it? ive got it bad ..thing is we might be booking flights for a little trip soon and the butterflies are starting already,i've flown lots of times,but it gets a little worse every time..i don't run up and down the plane screaming ..yet..but my vision goes a little blurry, knuckles white and basically i get panic or anxiety attacks....does anyone here take medication before they fly? Any advise would be great...:)

mr-t-no-plane-t-shirt-logo.gif

does anyone else have it? ive got it bad ..thing is we might be booking flights for a little trip soon and the butterflies are starting already,i've flown lots of times,but it gets a little worse every time..i don't run up and down the plane screaming ..yet..but my vision goes a little blurry, knuckles white and basically i get panic or anxiety attacks....does anyone here take medication before they fly? Any advise would be great...:)

you poor creature......the best advice is not to fly at all but you will feel you are leaving people down so you need to do something....best bet i think is mention it to your gp and he will/should give you some tablets to calm you for the flight......then again from people i have spoke to in the past with the problem they have said that a few drinks rather than any calming drug is better........worrying about the flight is not nice.....

Good ld Prozac will do the trick. Or just realise that nothing you have done or can do during the flight can stop the fact that you are safer there than BEING IN A CAR.

whiskey.jpg

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Horgan Brothers: Princes Of The Picture Theatre
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

30th May 2024 @ 6:30 pm
More info..

Stand-up Comedy Club: Low-key Funny

The Roundy, Tomorrow @ 8:30pm

More events ▼