Evra racially abused in Africa

The poor guy has simply no luck.

Patrice Evra has revealed that he was racially abused for choosing France over Senegal.
Evra will lead France out against Uruguay in Cape Town on Friday, but the Manchester United defender decided to overlook Senegal, the country where he was born, to represent France at international level.

"I grew up amid a Senegalese culture at home." Evra said. "But we became westernised very quickly and when I had to choose between playing for Senegal or France my father told me to follow my heart.

"I opted for France, as that was where I had grown up, but I then came in for lots of abuse in Senegal.

"I was called a monkey who grovels before the white man and labelled a money-obsessed traitor to the nation. But my parents helped me get through it.

"I had not been back to Senegal since the age of 10. I have still not returned. It is 19 years now and I need an incentive to make me go."

Timing is everything.
I suppose in the split-second between a perfectly-legitimate tackle and when he crashes to the ground he has to decide whether to roll around in feigned agony before jumping up and waving an imaginary red card.
Or cry racial abuse.
That's why he gets the big bobs I suppose.
He does seem a rather loathsome individual.
And I'm still waiting for any fellow pros - black or otherwise - to come to his defence.

The poor guy has simply no luck.

Patrice Evra has revealed that he was racially abused for choosing France over Senegal.
Evra will lead France out against Uruguay in Cape Town on Friday, but the Manchester United defender decided to overlook Senegal, the country where he was born, to represent France at international level.

"I grew up amid a Senegalese culture at home." Evra said. "But we became westernised very quickly and when I had to choose between playing for Senegal or France my father told me to follow my heart.

"I opted for France, as that was where I had grown up, but I then came in for lots of abuse in Senegal.

"I was called a monkey who grovels before the white man and labelled a money-obsessed traitor to the nation. But my parents helped me get through it.

"I had not been back to Senegal since the age of 10. I have still not returned. It is 19 years now and I need an incentive to make me go."

Any link to the racism?

Here is another strange comment I found. When Lilian Thuram told him to grow up a bit over the 2010 world cup he said "It is not enough to walk with books on slavery, glasses and a hat to become Malcolm X.”"

I beginning to think he has watched a bit too much MalcomX.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Award Winning Steve Hughes (Australia)
City Limits, Coburg St.

15th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Sunday & Bank Holiday Tours

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 2pm

More events ▼