Dolphins in Cork harbour!

cantankerous bastard said:
Few more for ye

Hard as hell to catch them in midair but heres a few of their landings!

Were you using a digital camera? I find the old slr much faster, the digital seems to take a fraction of a second between when you click the button and the "shutter" releases.

By the way, excellent pics, thanks for sharing them.

Actin The Sham said:
Were you using a digital camera? I find the old slr much faster, the digital seems to take a fraction of a second between when you click the button and the "shutter" releases.

By the way, excellent pics, thanks for sharing them.
ya its a small digital, damn near impossible to catch them in midair with it, not ideal for this kind of thing but all I had, it was also a shitty rainy day which didnt help much

I was swiming in Byron Bay and a group of them swam towards me and under me - I was wearing snorkel gear so i could get a good look at them. I don't know what it is about dolphins but everyone gets so excited to see them. I was on a high for the whole day after it.

oul'doll said:
I was swiming in Byron Bay and a group of them swam towards me and under me - I was wearing snorkel gear so i could get a good look at them. I don't know what it is about dolphins but everyone gets so excited to see them. I was on a high for the whole day after it.

Sure they werent sharks in Byron. The place is crawlin with them. And they bite too.

oul'doll said:
Pretty sure! Dolphins smile, sharks sneer.

Those sharks can be sneaky bastards. Dis ya not see Sharks Tale??
You should try Townsville for nice friendly dolphins!!
Or were they sharks too..........?

Northstar said:
Those sharks can be sneaky bastards. Dis ya not see Sharks Tale??
You should try Townsville for nice friendly dolphins!!
Or were they sharks too..........?

Either way, they were just trying to check out my legs.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Lyra
Live At The Marquee

16th Jun 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

The Big Swinin' Mikeys

Dwyers Of Cork, Tomorrow @ 7pm

More events ▼