Cork Hurlers - Part 2

This is fantasy stuff tbh, firstly no matter how bad a player is performing they are never taken off before half time with cork, it’s in the cb bye laws.
Secondly selecting Coleman midfield vs limerick of all teams continues to demonstrate the lack of understanding of what midfield is at intercounty level - it’s a war zone where it’s all about physicality and stopping players, that’s all it is and for anyone to think at this stage you can select a nice hurler there is bonkers but pervasive of where cork is.
At this stage start midfield with o’mahoney and Twomey would be the best midfield available to cork considering Roche has not made the squad for whatever reason
Which is exactly the midfield that I picked as well but with one extra man to pick up on the breaks and spray the isnide line, so on merit my midfield is more of a warzone than what you consider corks best midfield??

Which is exactly the midfield that I picked as well but with one extra man to pick up on the breaks and spray the isnide line, so on merit my midfield is more of a warzone than what you consider corks best midfield??
No absolitely not, there are no east breaks waiting to be picked up, the TWO midfielders must fight and win ball and stop fellas running st the half back line, this fantasy in cork that there are east ball to be won and the likes of Coleman can skip onto it or wait for another player to win it are not based on reality. To beat limerick you go man on man as much as possible, the minute you have a player drop off anywhere they will pick you apart.

Robbie’s issues are sharpness, that could have improved dramatically in a fortnight
Marks issues are lack of physicality, that couldn’t improve in a fortnight
Yeah right, cos a year away from Snr Intercounty and then having a jaw broken 6 weeks prior to the first game had zero impact on Coleman and his sharpness and physicality.
The usual bias shown against him by yourself.

All this BS about Leinster being stronger than Munster doesn't take into account the reality that KK and Galway get an extra tournament for team development each and every year. They will always develop more quickly than the Munster teams because they'll be in the knockout phase every single year. It's a hell of a lot easier to build a team around older heads who have experience of later championship phases and that's what KK and Galway will always be doing.

The current set up is massively unfair to Munster counties and I can't see why anybody supports it. Long term, all it'll do is facilitate KK and Galway in winning more AI's than any Munster county. The 'greatness' of the Munster championship is a cultural trope used to justify this unfairness.

Drop the league. For championship play two groups of six, home and away games, two to qualify from each group, bottom one relegated, and seedings for next year's group draw should keep most games relevant. That'd ensure that every county would meet every other county every few years too. It'd give a chance for tradition and rivalry to develop. It'd keep meaningful games on TV for the whole intercounty season. It'd mean Cork kids could welcome KK, Galway, Wexford etc to the Park regularly - and it'd keep them interested in Cork's and other results for an extended period of time - just like the Premiership. No other sporting organisation wastes half their season on a 'competition' that means fuck all - why do the GAA? Hurling is in serious trouble in urban areas. They really need to abandon this traditional and unfair structure and promote the bloody game properly. Rant over!

No absolitely not, there are no east breaks waiting to be picked up, the TWO midfielders must fight and win ball and stop fellas running st the half back line, this fantasy in cork that there are east ball to be won and the likes of Coleman can skip onto it or wait for another player to win it are not based on reality. To beat limerick you go man on man as much as possible, the minute you have a player drop off anywhere they will pick you apart.
When there is a midfield battle like you suggest and ball is being intercepted down the middle, there is breaking ball all over the place and scraps are there to be taken. No team plays with 3 inside anymore because its less effective and there needs to be space out in the corners. So what do you do with the extra man? You pack the middle. The fact is you said the problem with the team was midfield, but my midfield was the same as yours just plus MC. So my midfield is actually stronger than your "warzone" midfield.

When there is a midfield battle like you suggest and ball is being intercepted down the middle, there is breaking ball all over the place and scraps are there to be taken. No team plays with 3 inside anymore because its less effective and there needs to be space out in the corners. So what do you do with the extra man? You pack the middle. The fact is you said the problem with the team was midfield, but my midfield was the same as yours just plus MC. So my midfield is actually stronger than your "warzone" midfield.
Another link man/Transition/Non contact Grifter.

What's going to change long term? There has been 6 AIs since the format was introduced all won my Munster teams
My prediction, based on the argument I made about Galway and KK being able to develop teams more easily, is that in long-term it will change in their favour. I don't and can't know that. It's just a prediction.

Six AI's is too small a sample, largely consisting of one exceptional team to tell us anything either. But right now, if you asked me whether I wanted to swap Cork with Wexford, I'd bite your hand off.

My prediction, based on the argument I made about Galway and KK being able to develop teams more easily, is that in long-term it will change in their favour. I don't and can't know that. It's just a prediction.

Six AI's is too small a sample, largely consisting of one exceptional team to tell us anything either. But right now, if you asked me whether I wanted to swap Cork with Wexford, I'd bite your hand off.
Teams develop by playing extremely competitive games against stronger or similar strength opposition, we get at least 4 such games every year. You develop nothing playing against weaker or very poor opposition particular with the lack of intensity displayed so far in the Leinster championship.
Obviously it was a small sample because that's all we have at the moment but it is certainly better than a prediction based on fallacy of what you deem is development.

Yeah right, cos a year away from Snr Intercounty and then having a jaw broken 6 weeks prior to the first game had zero impact on Coleman and his sharpness and physicality.
The usual bias shown against him by yourself.
What usual bias?

You could also flip your argument. Coleman walked back into the team after a broken jaw and lengthy spell off injuried. An argument could easily be made for pro Coleman bias from the mgmt team.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Music Network Presents Linda Fredriksson Juniper
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

14th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

The Flames

Cantys, Today @ 10pm

More events ▼