My shot at team for Sunday
PC
SOD DC RD
GM CJ MC
TOC DF
ST CL SB
ROF AC PH
Good options off the bench.
A lot depends on how lads are going at training, practice games and injuries. A free taker must be on as Kingston out & Dalton might be too.
Either way, full support to whoever starts or finishes. They're all sacrificing a lot to wear the red & white and they'll be trying their very best. Rebels Abú
Could be the team named alright, but it might be a risk to start Coleman and Robbie in the first game. Im split on the Lehane, Harnedy, Hoggy debate, but IMO Hoggy and Harnedy were our two best forwards in last years championship, and until someone comes along and takes the jersey from them I can understand why PR would still have faith in them.
Lehane is still an enigma, and it might be a horse's for courses approach, for example from memory he has had good games against Tipp (N O'L also) so maybe some fellas just match up well against certain opponents, and the team and squad will have to rotate throughout the round robin

Grasshopper

I agree, unless Harnedy is gone way back from last year and is showing up very poor in training he starts for me even if Deccie is selected. It's one thing going with Shane Barrett as a roving corner-forward but starting him and Conor Lehane together in the same half-forward line is a no go for me. This would mean Sean Twomey on his championship debut would be the only aerial outlet whereas last year we had Dalton and Harnedy, IMO this is a step backwards.

Could be the team named alright, but it might be a risk to start Coleman and Robbie in the first game. Im split on the Lehane, Harnedy, Hoggy debate, but IMO Hoggy and Harnedy were our two best forwards in last years championship, and until someone comes along and takes the jersey from them I can understand why PR would still have faith in them.
Lehane is still an enigma, and it might be a horse's for courses approach, for example from memory he has had good games against Tipp (N O'L also) so maybe some fellas just match up well against certain opponents, and the team and squad will have to rotate throughout the round robin
Dalton was our best forward last year if you’re looking at overall contribution, followed by Hoggie.

I was just thinking, isn't it some level of commitment from the lad's (Hoggie, Conor & Sheamie ) DC also,to still put in the hours of training and dedication to Cork. With very little reward. Fair play !
Great point. It’s something we always overlook and the same with management too to be fair, the commitment needed even to reach inter county is unreal never mind sustain it for 15/20 years

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Joachim Cooder
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

2nd May 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Stand-up Comedy Club: Low-key Funny

The Roundy, Tomorrow @ 8:30pm

More events ▼