Amy Broadhurst Sour grapes or Right decision

danielthelanger

Rumours she is going to Team Great Britain
She will be competing against
Kelly Harrington if she qualifies
in Paris Olympics
GJyjwYnW0AALjZZ

I've no idea what the published selection policy is, it all depends on that really.

I wouldn't begrudge her a shot at the Olympics. We've had plenty come the other direction (rightly or wrongly) and she certainly wouldn't be the first. off the top of my head Alan Cambell, the rower was an irish youth international and went to GB (but he almost certainly wasn't of nationalist stock)

Campbell was from Northern Ireland, wasn’t he.
I suppose Eoin Morgan is another example.

I've no idea what the published selection policy is, it all depends on that really.

I wouldn't begrudge her a shot at the Olympics. We've had plenty come the other direction (rightly or wrongly) and she certainly wouldn't be the first. off the top of my head Alan Cambell, the rower was an irish youth international and went to GB (but he almost certainly wasn't of nationalist stock)

Campbell was from Northern Ireland, wasn’t he.
I suppose Eoin Morgan is another example.
yah Cambell is from Colraine

Good shout on Morgan, Ed Joyce too.

The most scandalous thing would be for the whatever federation administering Olympics boxing to allow a change of allegiance 6 months out from a games.

That shit should never be allowed it should be minimum 2 years before you can represent your new country

Hard to know what to think. Its understandable frustration on her part given her accomplishments and not even being assessed.

Maybe they could have had a box off or something. I'm not up to date on who won the national championships though.

Plenty of fighters around the world have been in that position before her...hugely talented but stuck behind a great fighter or on the wrong end of a political decision even.

The professional game is always an option and I'd be surprised if she got the GB spot based on internal politics over there but maybe she will. Best of luck to her anyway. She's a very talented fighter.

I agree completely with the above poster, there should a mandatory period it takes to switch allegiances.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Peppa Pig's Fun Day Out
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

8th May 2024 @ 10:00 am
More info..

Joe Mac

Cantys, Tomorrow @ 6pm

More events ▼