Search results

1. B

Cork Minor Football 2024

What changes do you expect? Is it on tv? Some drive to Quilty. Over 3 hours from West Cork.
  2. B

Cork Minor Football 2024

Looks lethal for sure
  3. B

Cork Minor Football 2024

☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️ Ignore this post lads 😆
  4. B

Cork Minor Football 2024

These boys are still very young, so that I’m hesitant in saying too much. Your first sentence summed it up perfectly for me. Kerry just better at kicking the football. Cork stuck in the mud round midfield/half forward line. Options inside and they not being hit with the ball. At some stages...
  5. B

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

This the song I’d imagine the caveman sang in the middle of summer. Pure spudlicking silage slurpers
  6. B

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Lads please stop talking about em.. my blood is coming to a simmer.. ffs.. shocking Let’s enjoy the game today and bate shite out of the banner down the Pairc and then hit ‘em with a 2 hr tailback in Buttevant on the way home
  7. B

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

You’ve forgotten their supporters post AI wins in the 90s.. absolutely insufferable.. the banner roar
  8. B

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

In the new stadium I much prefer the Blackrock end or North stand to the new stand.
  9. B

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Cork hurling has a unique support. It’s normally massive and the best in the country. A lot of the supporters go along for the occasion, the color and craic. It’s a brilliant experience rich in Irish culture, A lot of our hurling supporters have little involvement in Cork hurling or clubs...
  10. B

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

I’m not getting involved in this interpretation of a phrase but I agree that Galway were hot favourites alright and should have won the match. What they missed was unbelievable, especially in the first half. Galway didn’t play badly in the 2nd half either but the 3 goals just bled their energy...
  11. B

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Sambo isn’t available. He is on holidays in Spain sure. That big news was announced by RTE yesterday during the Clare-Limerick commentary. You could be on to something with Mickey Harte though. The 2 boyos in charge of Limerick are football men too after all.
  12. B

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Monday evening blues. In 6 days time on the 28th of fuckin April Cork could be out of the hurling championship. And in 2 years would have won just 1 out of 6 championship matches!
  13. B

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Bar a few most of Cork hurlers wouldn’t break eggs for ya. And it’s not about throwing slaps or dogs off the ball I’m talking about contesting and winning her battles for possession.
  14. B

Cork u20 Hurling 2024

It’s up for discussion again at next years convention. It would have gone back to U18 nationally at a previous convention only the motion was very surprisingly defeated because the actual wording of the motion proposing to do that was supposedly full of problems. That failed motion was put...
  15. B

Teachers

“Down with that sort of thing” Going by media coverage those teachers unions conferences always reminds of Fr Ted for some reason. Teachers get very well paid in Ireland compared to other countries probably because it’s a profession that has provided a lot of our political leadership.
  16. B

Cork Footballers

Best of luck to Cork tomorrow. Hopefully they will be ruthless and clinical from the throw ins against a struggling limerick outfit. This Munster championship is a waste of time IMO.
  17. B

Cork Minor Hurling 2024

Paywalled
  18. B

Cork Minor Hurling 2024

Look lads the dogs on the street are saying with the last 18 months + that this is a weak minor team. Weak Round the middle in particular, a problem that the minor footballers also have apparently. I hope they prove everyone wrong and win an AI. Based on tonight’s game the dogs are right.
  19. B

Cork Minor Hurling 2024

Absolutely spot on. That’s all that’s needed. And every 7-8 years a particularly strong group where 6-7 break through onto the seniors. I love looking back on old programmes seeing some fellas that turned into excellent senior cork hurlers being subs at some of these underage matches.
  20. B

Lennox's Chipper

Could someone please enlighten me what’s there to do in Kinsale? After many attempts that consisted of slow walks on narrow footpaths I gave up on the place., Nothing much there.. grand for a boring evening out with a bird but not much craic and Irish culture in that west Brit wannabe hole.