Search results

1. B

Wearable Fitness Bands and trackers.

Had a Garmin for about 6 years and it was absolutely fine. Long battery life and measured whatever i was doing . It has since ceased to be .. Have heard the Apple watches are the best….mostly from the people that have Apple Watches … What do you use and how do you rate it ? Is having a heart...
  2. B

The Inflation Thread.

No doubt there are some people struggling at the moment especially smaller business. With that said there are people taking advantage and taking the “sur everything is going up” approach… Name and shame…. Diageo...
  3. B

Egyptology, the study of ancient Egypt.

Whats the craic with Egypt ? How did they build the pyramids? Did they have help from aliens ?
  4. B

Vacant or derelict commercial property in the City.

Yes , another property thread.. Happy to post on one of the existing ones of needs be… What is the biggest and best commercial property site that is currently vacant around the City Centre ? Also , what is going into the Roches Stores /Debenhams site ?
  5. B

Finbarr bocht !!

Think Finbarr the Proc’s server is feeling the pressure at the moment. The board is dog slow to respond , i seem to need to post twice in order for it to actually post as it usually hangs for me. Seems like this now for a few days … How is it for the rest of ye ? Is Finbarr playing ball ?
  6. B

Christy Dignam goes bang !

7. B

The Andrew Tate thread …

Bad week for him. Got his botty slapped by Greta. Made a video saying how he actually has had the last laugh And now he has been arrested in Romania Bad buzz for slaphead….
  8. B

The Mick Lynch appreciation thread .

Head of the RMT union. Big Mick is a breath of fresh air in these interviews . He is buying and selling these reporters and politicians effortlessly, And of course Big Mick for PM !
  9. B

The Noah Donohoe case

The 14 year kid who went missing in Belfast, only to be tragically found dead 6 days later. His mother seems to think there is more to the case and is questioning the PSNI handing of the case ...
  10. B

Anybody here at Meatloaf in Moate in 1990 ?

A good read . Bunch of savages up there….. “Meat Loaf would recall years later: “I was the first international artist to extensively tour Ireland. U2 won’t tour Ireland the way I toured Ireland. I spent three and a half weeks playing in these barns, in the middle of fields. I’d think ‘Who’s...
  11. B

Decent Irish Social Media people …..

https://twitter.com/seanburkeshow/status/1448258304925388801?s=21 1. Sean Burke. Funnier than anything you’ed ever see on RTE, his sketches are usually very funny… Anyways, what are amongst some of the better social media accounts that you follow that are worth sharing , any platform ...
  12. B

The Astro Chronicles ….

Went back playing astroturf(all weather pitch for the GAA lads) yesterday for the first time in 18 months or so….., Actually very enjoyable and at present am not in complete bits. Legs a bit sore but was expecting far worse. But of stretching now and i will be grand. Decent shift put in by...
  13. B

McAfee version 1 Expired !!

John McAfee found dead in a police cell I am hearing..... Crazy Crazy man.
  14. B

The John Creedon appreciation thread :

Have to say, the man is a credit to the county. Plays great music, makes interesting TV programs and doesnt take himself too seriously. In short, the man is a gent. “Broadcaster and author @johncreedon has been honoured with the Cork Person of the Month Award for igniting a new love of Ireland...
  15. B

The Mullet ......

It’s back folks....... Walking through town last night and saw loads of young fellas sporting that ‘do.
  16. B

Volunteer work for the over 70’s

I have someone in my family that is over 70, lives alone (widowed )who very much likes to help people. They are in good health and able to drive. Candidly , they are currently without a purpose and i was wondering if anybody knew of any causes or charities that need such volunteers, just for...
  17. B

European Super League..

“ Six English teams are expected to be part of plans for a breakaway European super league, with an announcement due tonight, Sky News understands. Among the English clubs involved are Liverpool, Manchester United, Arsenal and Chelsea. The project has been launched to rival UEFA's Champions...
  18. B

Israel acting the pup........again.

“ IRAN’S FOREIGN MINISTRY has said Israel was “of course” behind a cyberattack on the Natanz uranium enrichment plant the previous day, and vowed “revenge… in due time”. “Of course the Zionist regime, with this action, tried to take revenge on the people of Iran for their patience and wise...
  19. B

Best VPN for watching UK tv

The Mrs wants to watch the various players for BBC, ITV , Ch 4 etc.. Whats the best VPN that will allow this on an Ipad ? Dont mind paying if the product does the job and is reliable .. Thanks jn advance ...
  20. B

Lent - What are you giving up ?

I’m not religious but normally I give a fair bit up for Lent each year, more so as a personal test than anything . Granted , it all went out the window last year but this year I’ll give it a shot I reckon. I think I will give up ; Coffee. Watching TV, apart from sport. Crisps. Fizzy drinks ...