Cork Hurlers - Part 2

I expect one-of the Holy Trinity yo be dropped as token political move to appease the Moderates in Cork . Shane Kingston to come in.
I'd say they'll be bit more robust than that due to how stark the issues were on Sunday. Worry is that they could make wholesale changes, giving younger players their chance and put up a great performance but still come up short v Clare.

He needs to make changes and more then a token few, all of o’flynn, dalton and Downey should start. In addition they need to look at Tim
O’mahoney around the middle also, you cannot have a display like Sunday and it is accepted as it will kill the squad.
I think however they might go for minimum changes and include Meade and Kingston for example who should both be impact subs.
As others have said picking a conservative selection won’t work and will quicken the end
Spot on and is it too much to ask to make fast moves on the sideline. If a midfielder is not playing well, Roche comes on. Same with backs and forwards, if struggling badly, replace.

Clare probably have a couple of calls to make too on their team.
Does Tony Kelly start?
Do they change goalkeeper?

I think Kelly will definitely start with reidy
Losing out but no guarantee Kelly will play in the corner, their keeper is a real problem imo and I don’t think they have a back up that’s any better

Last edited:
I feel we need to get ahead early and stay ahead if we are to win on Sunday, I don't fancy this teams mentality if they have to chase down a deficit.
To be honest I'm not at all hopeful of a win, we haven't beaten a well organised team in Championship since when? KK in 2021? losing.. its almost part of our fibre now

Ryan and Co don't do fast changes unfortunately
Wait until it's too late
Its very frustrating to watch. Its seems to be a Cork attitude of give the player time , he'll come good, then its too late.

I was thrilled when P Ryan was appointed. Big week for him. Clare were excellent for 55 mins vs Limerick. They played at a level I'm not sure Cork could match. However, I'd expect a drop in that performance vs Cork due to fatigue. I'm hoping Clare put more into that performance than Cork vs wford.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Linda Fredriksson Juniper
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

14th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Danny Dineen

Dwyers Of Cork, Today @ 9:30pm

More events ▼