Recent content by Pooman

1. P

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

I have a real concern this could be a repeat of the '21 final. Limerick appear to be reaching yet another level and Cork have fellas starting who simply aren't good enough. Limerick always rise to the big occasion and they'll relish a full house down the Pairc.
  2. P

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

The Limerick half-forward line will be happy.
  3. P

Cork city has gone to the dogs.

Just an average Wednesday evening in the city centre so.
  4. P

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

No problems. The tickets are in "My tickets" as opposed to "Redeem match tickets" which might be the problem (I get confused myself sometimes!!).
  5. P

The confession thread.

I always thought Stuffy was a woman?
  6. P

Cork Minor Hurling 2024

https://gaacork.ie/2024/05/08/the-cork-minor-hurling-team-to-play-clare-has-been-announced/ One change, Fionn Lardner in full-forward. Joe Twohig drops to the bench.
  7. P

European and Local elections thread.

He's a good man to put up a poster I heard.
  8. P

The Hurling Thread

In fairness to Popeye he was usually equally bad for both teams.
  9. P

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

We do. I'm just assuming that Brian Roche's form dropped off the edge of a cliff and that's why he wasn't picked but dropping TOC was criminal. I like PR and he's a sound guy but he should've had a clear out last year and anybody who either couldn't or wouldn't buy into a manic 15 man defence...
  10. P

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

He is excellent as an attacking half-back, great man to carry the ball and get inspirational scores. However a half-back also has to defend, something which he just doesn't seem able to do. Tbh a lot of people on here seem to be focused on when someone has the ball whereas 80% of your job is off...
  11. P

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

TOM doesn't put in the hard yards. I've been attacked on here in the past for pointing this out. Also this idea that he is some sort of tough, aggressive hurler is simply not true. He would have done very well in the past but a bit like Mark Coleman the modern game doesn't suit him. That's...
  12. P

Memorable hurling matches

Kelly was unlucky to be playing in an era when Tipp weren't great. For 4/5 years he was the best player in the country. Would be up there with Shefflin if Tipp were better. Also injuries caught up with him and by 28/29 he wasn't the same player.
  13. P

Eurovision

I'll give the Eurovision lads a shout and ask them to put it back an hour.
  14. P

Eurovision

That was unbelievably stressful.
  15. P

Eurovision

I'm not sure which is scarier, Bambie or Marty's moustache.