Leccy Piccy 2023......

Proper student teacher lineup, there'll be a fleet of Toyota Yarris' up to Stradbally. There won't be a can of Coors Light to be had in Laois that weekend.

Just waiting on Dermot Kennedy and Picture This to be announced now... :rolleyes:

There's definitely a gap in the market for a festival like EP used to be back in the 00s. I assumed All Together Now would fill it, but their lineups have been very weak so far. Most of the landscape nowadays in Ireland for festivals seems to be either big corporate gigs or small underground, uber cool experimental/electro festivals featuring stuff barely anyones heard of. There's not much in between

I’ve been to a few, was at it this year, and going next year, and i avoid the main stage generally, i made an exception for The Strokes in 2019. Its a personal thing, but the tents- big and small, and the various outdoor spaces, like Salty Dog, and Trailer Park, Mind & Body(was b&s) are where this festival happens, headliners are totally irrelevant to me, as most are on the main stage, which i avoid, its a total and utter shit show, at the main stage. EP still has something to offer, and has unrivalled variety , choice & diverse range of acts. but it has been definitely begin to lean more to a younger demographic for the last few. I also notice this is probably the 1st year the final batch of tickets went onsale in December, its normally around March /April, when they have a big lineup announcement normally, so this is likely to be in part, because of all the competition rising up like All Together Now & the new festival called “Forrest Fest” also on Laois in July, together with the fact that 2023 will have more gigs on than any year oreviously as everyone is touring

Staggeringly shit lineup.

That Lewis Capaldi seems a nice lad but wouldn't cross the road to see him. Billie Eilish showed her limitations at Glastonbury, boring performer.

Was going to go this year but think I'll just flog my tickets tbh.

Gone totally teenybopper alright. That Forrest festival has a solid lineup aimed at the late 30s, early 40s crowd.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Horgan Brothers: Princes Of The Picture Theatre
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

30th May 2024 @ 6:30 pm
More info..

Henry Glassie: Fieldwork (G) [Pat Collins Season]

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 8:05pm

More events ▼