RTE: Radio, Telefis, Empty pockets

We moved into this house in 2006, a few days later there was a knock on the door.

A guy looking to see the TV licence

I said what ?
2 minutes please, went and asked herself and she said oh that's on direct debit.

I got back to the door and your man had this gotcha expression, I said that ah we pay that on direct debit.
His facial expression changed and off he went on his way.

Now eventhough we pay it by direct debit, it may be a temporary get out of jail card for some of you.

We moved into this house in 2006, a few days later there was a knock on the door.

I said what ?
2 minutes please, went and asked herself and she said oh that's on direct debit.

I got back to the door and your man had this gotcha expression, I said that ah we pay that on direct debit.

Now eventhough we pay it by direct debit, it may be a temporary get out of jail card for some of you.
I got caught for the tv licence a few years ago after 15 years not paying it. Was given a week to pay. Most infuriatingly the inspector was lovely. Couldn’t have met a nicer fella. The cunt.

I said what ?

No you can't see it, I don't have a TV. End of.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Best Of Cork Special
City Limits, Coburg St.

11th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Keith Synott

The Pav, Tomorrow @ 11pm

More events ▼