Sir Henry's - The Myths

i remember an interview with yer man fom carter usm,he was asked about the maddest place he ever played and said henry,s, said something about some trouble outside with the law and some fellas turned over the squad car while another guy blasted a shotgun into the air and all the gaurds just legged it,not sure if its the truth or just an ol wives tale.

there's some story about the theft of a table...

i started going in 1995, is i guessed i missed what some people are calling the legendary days. i was a regular freakscene and occasional sweat attendee

There was a couple riding openly on the stage for ages one night, when the Fridays was a dance/indie crossover thing in about 1996

And I know their names :shock:

Anyone remember when Mr.C was djing and he got on the mic and started rhyming? I still don't know whether I imagined that or whether it actually happened.

I saw him at Homelands in Mosney in the summer of 2000 (or was it 1999?). He did the same thing there. All very carefully planned, as spontaneous as it may have seemed.

I thought was too old for all that stuff when I went to Mosney :-(

WTF? Utter tripe. If anything, house is the encompassing Genre, but I assure you, what was played in Henry's was not rave. What a load of shite!

em no - its not utter tripe and house was not the encompassing Genre and as for the music that was played at henrys - ye trying to tell me that Mickey Finn played house? or Clarkee? or Ratpack? [not sure here but didn't Slipmatt etc alsoplay? Top Buzz? anyone?] Who I have been reliably informed all played there... Now none of them were house DJ's, far from it especailly Finn or Clarkee so who's talking fucking utter tripe now?

Contradict yourself much?

Actually no - I never did contradict myself merely stated facts. house was before the - how can ye put it? The modern termonology of RAVE [circa 88 however if ye know your history of music a little better ye'll find that the use of the word RAVE in dance music pre dates the 70's [where it was also used], the 60's [where it was also used], the 50's [earliest record I can find so far]...
From what I can find RAVE pre dated house by a good 30 or so years if ye want to put it that way....Personally I don't.......

So no I don't think I'm contradicting myself at all.....

I saw him at Homelands in Mosney in the summer of 2000 (or was it 1999?). He did the same thing there. All very carefully planned, as spontaneous as it may have seemed.

I thought was too old for all that stuff when I went to Mosney :-(

I went to that too, I think it was 99. I remember spending most of the day/evening in the Henry's area, as did all the other Cork people.
I arrived in Mosney at 2pm only to be greeted by a pill-gobbling, demented lunatic with his top off, waving a giant Mitsuhbishi flag *shudder*.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Open Streets: Boolaboom Busking
Cornmarket Centre, Cornmarket St.

19th May 2024 @ 1:00 pm
More info..

DJ Jamsey

Crane Lane Theatre, Tomorrow @ 11pm

More events ▼