The Hurling Thread

Did the defender have an impact on the
So we need Tipp to beat Waterford, then lose to Clare and us.

We then need Waterford to lose to Clare and Limerick.

Then down to score difference between us Tipp and Waterford. Jesus.

That loss to Waterford looks so much worse now.
Imagine the unlikely scenario of winning v Limerick and Tipp and still being knocked out if Waterford get another win.

Grim times.
Whatever happens if Waterford or Clare get 4 points we are fecked

Did the defender have an impact on the

Whatever happens if Waterford or Clare get 4 points we are fecked
Not if Limerick or Tipp end up with four and so do we. It's down to scoring difference then.
The permutations are giving me a headache but I think the only realistic one we have of happening is that ourselves, Tipp & Waterford end up with 2 points and we go through on scoring difference.

Limerick were functional yesterday. Definitely didn’t spend the amount of energy we did in Ennis
Tipp to me in the second half looked like a team just fulfilling a fixture. 5 day turnaround. I think the Munster round robin comes down to that match. Tipp win and all to play for. Waterford win and it’s hard to see cork making it. Given corks opening two fixtures I don’t see your backs stopping us getting a decent score and i can’t see us conceding 3-24. I suppose last years game was high scoring but cork were in a far better place.
There'll have to be some turnaround from tipp.

Limerick far far sharper that last week but impossible to take much from it given how poor tipp were.

Limerick report card.
Nicky solid as always
Full back line excellent
Half back line …Hayes best player on the field. Hannon sharp. Byrnes better than Ennis but still a bit off his best.

Wod big improvement
Cian good
Reidy hurled a world of ball. Just can’t shoot.

Hego average
CON good
Tom huge improvement on last week.

Casey so dangerous. Great game
Hope on a personal level he’s ok. Sickening. If the ref could have blown it up at that point everyone would have ok. The vide in the ground after that. Look you expect injuries across a season and you have to roll with it but that’s the worst I’ve ever seen. Maybe the mayo leg break a
He’s a big loss to us!!! He’s a clutch player in finals. 0-5 from play twice in all irelands. Big Munster finals in 19 and 20. DoD or Flanagan most likely comes back in.

Adam English again showed his impact off the bench.
I'd start Adam English, he's almost a like for like replacement for Peter...small, fast and with an eye for a score.
Do no harm to see what he's made of from the start

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
King K
Clancys, 15-16 Princes St.

3rd May 2024 @ 10pm
More info..

Brian Kenny: Tempus Futurum

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 6pm

More events ▼