The Action Plan for Housing.

You think that reasonable rent controls would cause all private landlords to flee?

Rent goes from the tenant into a MNC landlord, and disappears into the ether, that isn't good for any economy.

Non-profit rental bodies are a great replacement, Peabody in the UK are great, and use profits to build more houses, in a sustainable fashion, they aren't the only answer, but if they were brought in then the delta in rent prices would force rents down effectively.
That is exactly what they are telling us as all the costs are front loaded on the developer/landlord for years while a tenant can just walk away from a tenancy.

If your business model (What you have to pay back to the bank on the loan) is restricted in rent for example and interest rates go up you are just screwed.

Even the not for profit rental bodies here have to take a cut for their operating costs for existing tenants and build/invest in new projects.

You think that reasonable rent controls would cause all private landlords to flee?

Rent goes from the tenant into a MNC landlord, and disappears into the ether, that isn't good for any economy.

Non-profit rental bodies are a great replacement, Peabody in the UK are great, and use profits to build more houses, in a sustainable fashion, they aren't the only answer, but if they were brought in then the delta in rent prices would force rents down effectively.
I agree with the bit in bold but Peabody are no angels either, look at the controversial report about their service charges that they tried to have buried.

Nice picture.
I lived in Cork then and now. There are way more people on the streets now.
I visited Limerick a few months back and was shocked to see that there was people begging. Irish people of different ages. I had seen the 'career beggars (Romanian)' but not anything of the scale like this of Irish people.

Merely pointing out the fact retard
By replying and continuing to take it off topic, as I said... :ROFLMAO:

hise2966s-queen-elizabeth-ii-1966-shilling-reverse.jpg

What's needed are homes to be available for owner occupiers to buy, instead of renting in perpetuity from investment funds whose only aim is to enrich it's clients, it's gas to have lads on here in their 50s who all own their own homes lecturing the younger generation that they must accept that they will be renting for their entire lives, filling the pockets of property speculators in the process and with an uncertain future awaiting them in old age when they are no longer able to afford to pay high rents and so risk becoming homeless.

Rent is still dead money.

Last edited:
EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Peppa Pig's Fun Day Out
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

9th May 2024 @ 10:00 am
More info..

Jan McCullough: Night Class

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 10am

More events ▼