Crash on Carr's Hil

It's a vintage tractor, can't go fast. People don't have any business to drive 100 km/h on a small 1 car country road. If they respect people living on the road, I wouldn't have to visit my neighbor 6 km away in my vintage tractor that only goes 15 km/h ;)

Have you spoken to a local TD or the County Council or the Road Safety authority about how to get the speed limit reevaluated?

Have you spoken to the guards to inform them that speed limits are regularly being broken and ask if they can take measures to prevent this from occurring ?

Have you spoken to a local TD or the County Council or the Road Safety authority about how to get the speed limit reevaluated?

Have you spoken to the guards to inform them that speed limits are regularly being broken and ask if they can take measures to prevent this from occurring ?
There is no speed limit, and people drive what they want in the country anyways, that's why you have so many crashes and fatalities on small roads, people don't have a clue how to drive on them.

Yes, we spoke to everyone. All of us living on the road are driving 30-40 km/h, not to piss people off, but to slow them down to what is acceptable speed on that road. Kids, animals, walkers, people cycling with kids, they all have to be protected. Putting a sign with a limit means nothing without enforcement.

We ran out of options, so all we can do is drive appropriate speeds to be deterrent to idiots when using the road they don't have to use in the first place.

Poor woman, hope she makes a full recovery

It is alarming the number of crashes occurring each day.

That cork safety alerts app is very good in fairness
Indeed, at least and hopefully she will recover just hope the poor woman does not have long term issues / injuries.

As for the standard of driving, it is gone to fhe absolute pits.
Indicators now seem to be an inconvenience to operate, the running of Amber and just gone red traffic lights perfectly acceptable.
Dare and drive at 50 in a 50 and someone will be on your back bumper.
The same with 80, do that on a dual carriageway and everyone will pass you by.
Just today as an example, I had reason to head up the M8, there is resurfacing works between Glanmire North and Watergrasshill, both lanes are open as normal but the top course of tarmac is removed and that rough surface is exposed.
The speed limit along that stretch is 80 currently and is well indicated at regular intervals.
I was in the left lane, there was a car in front of me and 2 coaches in front of him, all travelling at 80.
There was a constant stream of vehicles in the outer lane travelling in excess of that limit.
I wonder how effective the grip is on that surface if someone needed to brake hard ?

Check out doing the 60 & 30 limits in Dunkettle, its a joke.

All that and that very selfish thing of not letting people out of side roads etc is also rampant .

I have to say I miss driving the roads during the pandemic it was great.

Indeed, at least and hopefully she will recover just hope the poor woman does not have long term issues / injuries.

As for the standard of driving, it is gone to fhe absolute pits.
Indicators now seem to be an inconvenience to operate, the running of Amber and just gone red traffic lights perfectly acceptable.
Dare and drive at 50 in a 50 and someone will be on your back bumper.
The same with 80, do that on a dual carriageway and everyone will pass you by.
Just today as an example, I had reason to head up the M8, there is resurfacing works between Glanmire North and Watergrasshill, both lanes are open as normal but the top course of tarmac is removed and that rough surface is exposed.
The speed limit along that stretch is 80 currently and is well indicated at regular intervals.
I was in the left lane, there was a car in front of me and 2 coaches in front of him, all travelling at 80.
There was a constant stream of vehicles in the outer lane travelling in excess of that limit.
I wonder how effective the grip is on that surface if someone needed to brake hard ?

Check out doing the 60 & 30 limits in Dunkettle, its a joke.

All that and that very selfish thing of not letting people out of side roads etc is also rampant .

I have to say I miss driving the roads during the pandemic it was great.
Very well said
More cars seem to be trying to beat the red light
Even up by Wilton/cuh, that’s a death wish

Your point of speed limits rings true
You seem to be fucked out of it for going a few km below the speed limit only for an arsehole in a bmw with no indication zooming straight ahead well past the speed limit
It’s not a target speed like

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Old Moderns
Clancys, 15-16 Princes St.

5th May 2024 @ 10:00 pm
More info..

DJ Jus Me

Crane Lane Theatre, Today @ 11pm

More events ▼