Search results

1. D

Leo - Wrong man for the times?

So it looks like the shit's going to hit the fan with Brexit. I hope I'm wrong, but any other outcome looks unlikely. And a hard Brexit will affect us as much as Britain. Germany and France ... not so much. I've been very unimpressed with Leo during the negotiations. He was more interested in...
  2. D

Cork's Road Network is far too dangerous

Another unfortunate man killed near Macroom today, with a second young man critical in hospital. Add that to the death at Waterloo last week. There is little to say other than offer our deepect sympathies to the families involved. There is something we can do though - and that is highlight the...
  3. D

Munster Rugby and its Limerick 'home.'

I've always been suspicious of the whole Limerick is the 'home of Munster Rugby' stuff. It always seemed more likely that it was a convenient and central base with good roads to Dublin (before Cork had them) and a sizeable population withour a very strng GAA or soccer scene. Nonetheless, I...
  4. D

EU Referendum?

Should we one? I'm fully supportive of a United States of Europe, as long as it is democratically governed. What we have now, is a USE that's governed by an un-elected commission powered by Germany and France. It should be remembered that Democracy is not nearly as well established in Germany...
  5. D

Vote for Cork... Vote for FF?

I detest FF. But I believe that all we can do in the midst of this madness, is look after ourselves and our communities. None of us (or our TDs) will ever make an iota of difference on the big economic and social issues. I have previously argued that we should simply ask these Td's what they're...
  6. D

Cork Airport - Election Issue

Folks, can I ask that you all consider raising the tumble- weeds at Cork airport when the TDs appear on your doors? It's about time that they saw some merit in addressing this issue. Cork is now the only airport that can act as a gateway for two of Failte Ireland's major initiatives - the Wild...
  7. D

Is the criminalisation of opposition becoming a trend?

Not only are the centre right now in the business of bringing criminal charges against those who protest, but where no such charges are possible or sustainable, allegations of sexual abuse and alleged Kangaroo Courts are sufficient. We seem to have reached a peculiar juncture where the...
  8. D

Who not to vote for at the next election

I heard Michael Martin on the radio the other morning and I nearly threw up. Him and his crew act like they know we'll all forget what they did. PLEASE don't forget what they did. And the same guys that utterly failed to do their job and govern the country, are still running that party. They'd...
  9. D

A thread for Duffs

Duffs has failed to answer a direct question on no less than FIVE occasions in the Maria Cahill Thread. She/he has answered my question(s) with a question of his/her own on no less than SIX occasions! All of this, after inviting me to ask questions of him/her. She/He now informs us that she/he...