Search results

1. D

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Fallacy or no, only time will tell.
  2. D

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

My prediction, based on the argument I made about Galway and KK being able to develop teams more easily, is that in long-term it will change in their favour. I don't and can't know that. It's just a prediction. Six AI's is too small a sample, largely consisting of one exceptional team to tell...
  3. D

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

All this BS about Leinster being stronger than Munster doesn't take into account the reality that KK and Galway get an extra tournament for team development each and every year. They will always develop more quickly than the Munster teams because they'll be in the knockout phase every single...
  4. D

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

One of the many things you must get right to beat a team like Limerick is the mindset. They'll come down convinced that they're going to win. Even if we're two pints up with a minute of injury time left - they'll still be convinced that they'll score a goal. Cork used to have that kind of...
  5. D

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Thought it was an outstanding performance in patches today. Still have the makings of a serious team when they get motoring. Clare got the rub of the green with what we missed. It happens. We'd still almost certainly have won with 15 men. There's no reason why we can't beat the AI champions...
  6. D

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Well said. We're all gutted by that, but at least we have another chance to redeem ourselves. Effectively, we're now in the knockout stage and can't afford to lose next week. Plenty of Cork teams won AI's from knockout hurling. We're better than what we saw today. And if we can't beat Clare at...
  7. D

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

I can see Connolly having a very frustrating afternoon. There won't be much play in his sector unless Waterford line up in a more orthodox fashion. It'll be a tough outing for him. Hopefully he can hold his head and play the waiting game. We know the guy can play ball. But can he can he keep his...
  8. D

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Only saw Blarney a couple of tikes last year. But he was the standout player, which is saying something on that team. Could have a huge future ahead of him. But isn't far off the standard as is, if what I saw is anything to go by.
  9. D

Cork u20 Hurling 2024

As inciteful as you are well-mannered.
  10. D

Cork u20 Hurling 2024

A decent person would apologise for any offence offence caused. But nowadays bad behaviour and rudeness are the new normal. It doesn't surprise me that you have demonstrated no such decency. Not sure I would either. :) Sadly, it is the nature of our beast. But placing your very humourous reply...
  11. D

Cork u20 Hurling 2024

I didn't say anything about 'right' or 'wrong.' I just said that given three options, diving might be the best one. Another poster disagreed saying that a player should 'stand their ground' and not go down. I'm assuming that you agree with him?
  12. D

Cork u20 Hurling 2024

Why do you always resort to personal insults? I realise that you have strong opinions and you believe that you have a lot of knowledge that I and others don't. You might be right. You may well have forgotten more about hurling than I'll ever know. If you have, fair play and hat's off. But...
  13. D

Cork u20 Hurling 2024

Thanks for your answer. I hope it wasn't too taxing.
  14. D

Cork u20 Hurling 2024

I think so yeah. If you go back to my original post, that's pretty much what I said before leads got sidetracked thinking I was making out that Buckley didn't dive. But yeah. When the punishment for striking an opponent is so severe, and you can't really take a backward step, maybe the only...
  15. D

Cork u20 Hurling 2024

For the sake of argument lets assume that's correct. Now please, answer the question at the fifth time of asking. What should a player do IF he gets a slap?
  16. D

Cork u20 Hurling 2024

Ok, I'll try rephrase. Please try and answer this time. When the Clare player made contact with Buckley, what do you believe Buckley should have done? Read that slowly, quickly, or at intermediate speed. But please try to answer. And I'm not asking the question just so as I can say you're...
  17. D

Cork u20 Hurling 2024

So is there footage other than from TG4? Or do you conclude that he wasn't headbutted from that footage alone? By the way, I should say that I get where you're coming from. He definitely took a dive. Just looked to me like he was headbutted before he took it. Are we looking at two different...
  18. D

Cork u20 Hurling 2024

Read very slowly, also quickly, and I hope, fully understood. Now maybe answer my question. What should a player do when headbutted (albeit not very hard).
  19. D

Cork u20 Hurling 2024

Call it a strike if you'd prefer that. So what do you do when struck?
  20. D

Cork u20 Hurling 2024

Looking at the TG4 footage it looked like there was. Not much of a headbutt, but it happened nonetheless. Is there some other footage?