Search results

1. F

Cork Minor Football 2024

Just read article from cork minor manager where he said nobody in the management saw this coming. Also he said it is hard to know how young players react. As a management team you should know your player's. As I have said it before on this platform, acknowledge ye made mistakes and pick the...
  2. F

Cork Minor Football 2024

What do you expect when you don't pick footballers who have the basic skills, Rebel og select players who solo and hold onto possession. Reflection on rebel og who take away kicking/catching skills when enter at U13.
  3. F

Cork Minor Hurling 2024

Just to add, it seems to be standard that the 15-20 are picked 6months out from championship, was at P1/P2 finals last Nov, Midleton beat Douglas well and only one Midleton player in the 36 (very strange), and to add in the P2 final. I am surprised that our forwards were poor v Dublin, because...
  4. F

Cork Minor Football 2024

One thing that is agreed, Rebel og is not working, players should be left to develop and play with their clubs and school until 16, squads should then be picked from regions then. Players would not then not suffer disappointment of being dropped off squads at such a young age. Every player from...
  5. F

Cork Minor Hurling 2024

Would agree Midleton were very strong in U16 P1 final should have more players on the panel.
  6. F

Cork Minor Football 2024

Strong teams are teams that compete at Premier 1 or Premier 2 level or Schools that compete at Corn ui Mhuiri level, mainly at business end of competition. We need player's who are on form not player's who have been in squads since U13 and have never been challenged. We need player's with DNA...
  7. F

Cork Minor Football 2024

Prendergast 123, you obviously totally understand Cork football, for your info, not a parent, however do follow Cork football. No Macroom players (team very strong) at this age, no player, no North side footballers (I understand there are a few). Very good Bantry player not there, top forward...
  8. F

Cork Minor Football 2024

Some serious good players not included in Cork minor football panel, Is Rebel og working. I would have thought with the personal selecting the panel every player would get an equal opportunity (not the case I am afraid). This is excluding hurlers who would make the panel. Players need to be...