Search results

1. D

The Firemans Hut at City Hall

The restoration is near complete. The cost to date is approximately 300K€ Final cost is likely to be approx 400k according to Paul Moynihan of the City council.. Another 80 K is being set aside as it may need to be relocated to its final position nearby.
  2. D

Following on Cathal Berry TD remarks we are defenseless

Who can we call on to help us if Russia invade us.
  3. D

Micheal Martin does not reply to emails about Conor Murphy

Conor Murphy is not to be upset it seems.
  4. D

UCC loses €11.2 million in 2023

What is going on. It is not good enough to say they lost money. Release details otherwise we have another RTE saga.
  5. D

Keith Duffy

Keith and his partner Lisa have parted. It's the second break up in the Boyszone gang They have said no one else is involved. There is a chance of reconcilliation according to Keith. Roman Keating Split from the lovely yvonne Connolly some time ago.There were complications in this čaše as Ronan...
  6. D

Statue to Yasser Arafat

Are there proposals to erect at a statue to Yasser on a Cork street. I heard someone suggesting it on the protest march yesterday..
  7. D

The Hum in Omagh

Has anyone any ideas what's this.
  8. D

DEIRDRE CLUNE RETIRES

The news that Deirdre has decided to quit and not stand in the upcoming European elections will present some problems for FG.
  9. D

Supreme Court goes Woke

The Supreme court has decided that the Minister for Social protection that the practice of of denying a widower pension to a person who was not in a marriage or civil partnership is discrimination. Are they out of their minds . In a case of a man or woman being together one dies and then the...
  10. D

Windfall for ESB staff.

Good news for ESB staff who are now getting,€2000 tax free bonus. They work dam hard getting abuse from disgruntled pubic who are just jealous of the discounted rates for their electricity.
  11. D

Doctor burnout what a load of rubbish.

The press in an article that 40% of doctors are worried about their mental health. What a load of rubbish. Have you seen any of them drawing the dole This is nothing but putting pressure on the government to give them a rise. They have enormous salaries and are finding the inflation is eating...
  12. D

Government bows to IRA/SF pressure to fund crossborder projects.

Yet again the Government bows pressure for money for the border areas. Most of this will be diverted to dubious companies
  13. D

Child assaulted in Tenarife

The report says the 11 year old was on holiday with parents and With some younger family members Why isn't he in school.Are Tusla asleep at the wheel.
  14. D

Pat Rodgers R.I.P

I saw where Pat Rodgers passed away. Pat and business partner Joe Flannery ran a successful engineering and Steel fabrication firm for a long number of years They gave good employment and many a lad got a start with the company.
  15. D

Dail Protest

Today a number of people held a protest at the entrance to Leinster House. The protest lasted about an hour and a number of TDs were prevented from leaving. Considering that the protest at which Joan Burton lasted 8 hours and was considered peaceful this one can be also considered peaceful
  16. D

Will all those who shook the hand of Hunter Biden come out and say they were wrong.

In view of the indictment of Hunter Biden on many charges will those people Michael Martin included withdraw their support for the individual.
  17. D

Moon landing by India

I'm first out of the traps in sending congratulations to India. Who will be the first politician here to send them congratulations
  18. D

Women going to the pub on their own.

Is there anything that can be done to get this a norm. Often at 9 or so at night I go to the pub on my own. The Missus does not always go but she has never considered going on her own. You all know that the PROC has been be the forerunner in breaking old nonsensical traditions . I have a feeling...
  19. D

Unequal treatment of people who committed crimes

Am I missing something here. A. Murders commited by people engaged in the conflict were wiped clean by the Good Friday Agreement. B. Now in the legacy bill it is proposed to wipe clean murders by anyone else in the conflict who have been found. Isn't this giving the same treatment to all ...
  20. D

Notingham incident

First indication is that it is a lone wolf incident. Not authorised.