Search results

1. D

Dodgy Sky boxes

It seems the Gardai were busy this morning rounding up the phony boxes around the place. https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/cork-gardai-thwart-pirate-tv-cards-operation-which-could-have-cost-providers-20m-931947.html Anyone affected? Didn't realise they were still going since...
  2. D

Clancys Goes unBang

Just listening to Red FM and Clancys is shut - the pub has been emptied out of stock over night.
  3. D

Brookfield Leisure Centre goes BANG

Looking at the planning application lodged recently there is an application to change the hotel and leisure centre into student accommodation. http://planning.corkcity.ie/InternetEnquiry/rpt_ViewApplicDetails.asp?validFileNum=1&app_num_file=1536530
  4. D

The Turners Cross Tavern goes BANG

As the title says. In the words of B Man himself.
  5. D

O'Connor Shoes Go Bang

Walked past the shop this evening on oliver plunkett street. Gone after operating for over 60years.
  6. D

One in five pubs don't have a license

VFI spokesman warns that rogue traders are driving compliant publicans out of business As many as one in five Cork pubs may be trading without a license, according to a local industry spokesman who has urged the authorities to get tough on the worst offenders who are “driving legitimate pubs...
  7. D

Easons

Are they closing the shop in town?? Staff were emptying the shelves earlier when i was in there. Half downstairs and some of upstairs was empty
  8. D

vodafone sure signal

Anyone got one of these things?? Looking at the price its 100 euro cause I don't have their internet.. The cheek of them to charge at all when they admit their signal is Shit. Between the three in our house we're paying 170 a month and we get this shit service. If they admit to their signal...
  9. D

beer price to go up..

Yes the price of the pint will go up soon, very soon.... And this is not just the the 10 cent increase due to the two percent increase in vat. no price that i know yet, but you my friends will be the first to know! This increase will be due to price increase by the brewery.
  10. D

Merchants Quay SC

Drove through town there and I saw the quay side of the shopping centre has scaffold outside it. Please please tell me anew facade like glass is being constructed and not just some cleaning job... Anyone know what's going on?
  11. D

seo and google page rank

Any ideas on how to optimize this, the site I'm working on is lost in the Google space and I really have no idea how to improve its page ranking. Any help will be nice and I'll pm. Thanks folk.
  12. D

hdmi 5tvs

Alright boys and girls. I have one source for my hdmi, upc. I want to display this over at least 5 different screens. I need 2 20m lengths of cable, 1 x 10m, 1x5m, 1x 1m. Is maplins the best bet for sourcing the cable and a 5way splitter. Is a splitter even the best way to go if I want to add...
  13. D

Quickest way to drive to Donegal from Cork

??? Stuck it into Google maps and they said Athlone -> Sligo Way. I have heard that it's nearly quicker to go to Newry Via Dublin way then cut across. Any Ideas?? Cheers!
  14. D

Amicus-Douglas

Anyone ever been??? I've been to the one in Paul Street but wondering about the one in douglas?? Need some reviews please, thinking of heading there tomorrow night for a meal!
  15. D

Buddies being evicted from their apt..

One of my friends got a phone call from the landlord saying that he wan't them out of the apartment 2 months into the signed lease until May. It turns out that the apartment was sold by the landlord and he wants them to be out of it by the end of the month. Where do my friends rest with...
  16. D

Rant no.2

Vets.... Whose bright idea was it to make everything prescription only in a vet now. Went down to get some eye drops and ear drops for my dog and since the start of June everything is prescription only. Must have been something the Vets decided on anyhow. Like eye drops... instead of being...
  17. D

Rant no. 1

for the twat who opened their door and bashed the side of a car which was parked facing the fingerpost roundabout today between 6.35 and 7.35. Enjoy thinking that you have my mother in bits downstairs for not even doing the considerate thing by leaving your number offering to pay for the...
  18. D

2 Christy Moore tickets for tonight for sale

Anyone have any interest in buying 2 tickets? Best offer as the concert is sold out and on tonight, PM me or post if you are interested in heading to the marquee tonight
  19. D

Smell around the city

What is the smell around the city? Can anyone else get it? It's rotten up in UCC. Is it slurry spreading time or what
  20. D

Land of Leather....

The latest company to feel the pinch! Went into administration today. http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601205&sid=aCcag.lZ2vcs&refer=consumer Who'll be next....