Search results

1. Dolphin75

Leinster Rugby player Nick McCarthy Comes Out as Gay

I say fair play to him. Can’t be easy even in 2022 as men’s team sport is still pretty homophobic in its culture. I know rugby is way better than soccer in this regard, but still. He’s got great support from his teammates who he came out to in January and his manager and coaches. McCarthy...
  2. Dolphin75

Mass Slaughter of Dolphins in the Faroe Islands

Absolute vermin scum for the wanton mass slaughter of my Dolphin cousins in the Faroe Islands. 1,500 dolphins massacred as a part of a so-called “tradition.” Article below: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-58555694
  3. Dolphin75

Five adults convicted of vile child abuse and neglect

Another week, another conviction in the Criminal Courts - this time of five adults convicted of a litany of horrendous child abuse, both sexual and physical and willful neglect of a number of young children. The adults include the parents of the children, an uncle, aunt and another relative...
  4. Dolphin75

Weddings - A Big Pile of Pretentious Shite?

So I got a wedding invite in the letterbox yesterday. A cousin in Armagh is getting married next April. I haven’t seen her in about 20 years, when she was about 13. Now don’t get me wrong, I am very happy for her, but I’m pretty much done with the whole wedding malarkey. It seems we Irish are...
  5. Dolphin75

Self Service Checkouts - Pain in every orifice

So supermarkets like Tesco and SuperValu have had self-service checkouts for quite a few years now, and if you’re popping in to pick up a couple of items, it’s usually fast and convenient, but does anyone else notice how more and more self serve checkouts are being brought onstream and there are...
  6. Dolphin75

Your grandparents - were you close?

So were any of yis close to your grandparents when growing up? Did you even know them? I knew three of them - two grannies and my paternal granddad. He lived to be a ripe old 92, passing away in 2000. My grandmothers doted on me as I was the youngest grandchild. And do any of ye still have a...
  7. Dolphin75

Online Shopping killing the High Street

So we are all pretty aware of how online shopping for music, books have all but killed off music stores but bookshops are still holding out...for now. Now many people are preferring to buy all their garb on line (which seems crazy given the problem of sizes and fabrics not appearing to be what...
  8. Dolphin75

Would you have more than 10 cats in your abode?

I love cats. And I love dogs. I have a dog and two cats. They all get along together but one of the cats rules the roost. But would you love cats so much that you would hoard the moggies? Have your cats have endless litters of kittens to the point that your house or apartment holds up to 300...
  9. Dolphin75

A Very Merry Paddy’s To Ye All!!

Wherever ye may be, whatever yis are doing, a very Happy St. Patricck’s Day to all you PROCCers!!☘️☘️☘️
  10. Dolphin75

The Hawe Family Massacre: Clodagh’s Story

On Claire Byrne last night there was a special feature of the story of Clodagh Hawe, the mother of the family that was savagely murdered by their father and her husband, Alan, in Cavan before he hanged himself. Clodagh’s mother and sister were very brave in sharing their memories of the lady...
  11. Dolphin75

Center Parcs is coming - is Trabolgan under threat?

The giant new Center Parcs resort is opening, deep in a forested setting, up in Longford in May. Has anyone seen the adverts on TV for this huge themed all inclusive resort? There are several Center Parcs in the UK, Holland, France and Germany. It looks like it might be very popular with...
  12. Dolphin75

John Waters has gone totally off the deep end..

John Waters, former beau to Sinead O'Connor and father to her daughter has styled himself as some sort of mens rights advocate. In reality he's just an irrelevant, bigoted, reactionary old curmudgeon. He may have been young, hip and "out there" when he wrote for Hot Press back in the 1980s, but...
  13. Dolphin75

Cork city postcodes

Did PROCCers know that Cork has “secret” postcodes? All 4 of them. Cork 1 and 3 are North of the Lee and 2 and 4 on the south. Why aren’t these postcodes more better known? And given how the city has grown in the past 20 years with the boundary extensions, shouldn’t there be more? How about...
  14. Dolphin75

Am I A True Corkman?

My family originally hark from the North. Belfast on my Dad's side and Tyrone on my Mam's. They moved down to Cork in the early 70s as my Dad got a good job here and to be honest they were escaping the unfolding horror up North. I was born in Cork in 1975 and spent most of my life here, with...
  15. Dolphin75

Sick of Dubs' Hatred of Cork...

So I was up in Dumpland a couple of weeks back and out for dinner with some mates, sadly a couple of whom are Dubs. ☹ Anywho the conversation steered towards Cork and how parochial we all were down here and how we had a huge "chip on our shoulder" about Dublin and we felt inferior and were sad...
  16. Dolphin75

Domestic next door - what to do?

So I know the people next door aren't having the best relationship as I can hear them tearing strips off each other at least one night per week, but last night was pretty scary. Furniture thrown, sounds of glass breaking and shouts and screams. They are a Polish couple with a small child...
  17. Dolphin75

Early Houses - On The Wane?

It seems to me that pubs and watering holes that are open early - like from 7 in the morning onwards - are a dying breed. Is it linked to the demise of pubs in general or are hardened alcoholics and shift workers not into drinking in pubs any more? Thoughts?
  18. Dolphin75

Housing crisis: are there any occupations in Cork?

Given the housing crisis in the country, and in Dumpland in particular; there have been a number of controversial occupations of vacant buildings in the capital where the problem is most acute. But I reckon it's pretty bad here in Cork city too - has anyone heard of any occupations here and do...
  19. Dolphin75

Our roads are lagging behind...

Seriously, look at the bloody awful traffic in and around the city these days. :( Cork got a fair amount of roads investment in the 90s with the N40 south ring, the N8, N25, Jack Lynch tunnel but apart from the M8 to Dumpland, it's basically been crumbs from the table since then. The M28 to...
  20. Dolphin75

Safe to wear a PROC t-shirt in Dublin?

We all know how disingenuous it would be to wear a Celtic FC top in parts of the North like Sandy Row in Belfast or Ballymena. Would the same apply if wearing a PROC t-shirt in Dumpland? Would the local scumbags attack you and beat the shite out of you? Anyone here been brave enough to do this...