Search results

1. J

Redevolpment of Pairc Ui Chaoimh

If the place can be packed out for a few rugby friendlies, I'd see that being an easy sell out. Peak summer and the gigs will be over.
  2. J

GAAGO - Rebel Strike (again)

I throw my eyes to heaven when I hear Harris or Martin give out about what the GAA are doing at any point in time, but christ Burn's performance in response this morning was depressing. I finally bowed and took out GAAGo Saturday to watch the match. I'm tech savvy and do everything online where...
  3. J

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

On Collins going down - the angle from behind the goal showed a fairly clear swipe of the hurl from Gillane across Collins mid rift. That wasn't visible from the match play angle.
  4. J

The Hurling Thread

The problem isn't really GaaGo V RTE, it's the impact the revised championship structure and split season is having. I was supportive of the split season, but I think it's become clear that the tempo and flow of games just isn't right, and that leaving the bulk of the summer with so few games is...
  5. J

Cork Footballers

The group structure is one of the best things the GAA have ever brought in. The problem is they haven't taken enough out to let it take centre stage as it should do. Move the provisional championships to a league based system with a mini national play off series. Leave Ulster do their own thing...
  6. J

Cork Footballers

Well beating Clare is a must, and will be the deciding factor on where this management is going after this year. Clare, you can be sure, will have that marked as their main match to get points in. Let's see how the Munster final goes but they don't look like the side of the previous years from...
  7. J

GAAGO - Rebel Strike (again)

I can't really justify GAAGo, and also out of stubbornness I'm refusing to take it out to be honest. With small children, summer weekends are better spend either going to games or most likely doing something else with them and then listening on the radio. The GAA is taking the popularity of the...
  8. J

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

There'll be an unlikely quirk or 2 in the results yet I reckon.
  9. J

The Hurling Thread

This needs Cahill has won the sum of sweet fuck all as a senior coach. He's turning into a modern version of Loughnane minus the actual success.
  10. J

Cork Footballers

Bit of a novelty group would be nice. Dublin down in PUC would be brilliant - no hope of actually winning, but a great novelty for both sets of supporters. Galway or Mayo wouldn't strike fear into me in the slightest if we were to draw them. Of pot 3, Monaghan are going poorly so would be the...
  11. J

The Munster Rugby Thread 2019/20

When Leinster lose out in a tight game in the champions cup again this year, they might begin to wonder if it would actually be of benefit to their first choice squad to actually be tested and face a bit of adversity against quality opposition away from home.
  12. J

The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Exactly. They'll say that's because the Irish players are away so often and they need cover, but when it comes to the business end of things when the the turkey is chewed, their first 15 includes 10 players who's wages are being directly covered by the IRFU.
  13. J

Is this some sort of surprise to people? Everything in this country is centred on Dublin. The decision makers in all walks of life are based in Dublin, and Dublin's priorities are always put first and centre. Irish rugby is just reflecting how most other sporting bodies, and indeed the Irish...
  14. J

Cork Footballers

If a team guarantees themselves a place in Division 2, then that should be the end of it. Currently, the team finishing 4th in Division 2 is at greater risk of missing out on Sam Maguire than the team who finishes 2nd in Division 3. That's fucking bonkers.
  15. J

The Hurling Thread

When Kyle Hayes returns to hurling's national spotlight, spare a thought for Cillian McCarthy https://the42.ie/6332760
  16. J

I wouldn't like to be a pigs head in Pau tonight.
  17. J

Motorsport 2021

The Red Bull stuff is fucking mad, but it's a collection of some of the most rotten humans you could get together. Christian Horner - left his pregnant wife to go off with Geri Halliwell and now caught pressuring a member of his staff into a sexual relationship. Helmut Marko comes out racially...
  18. J

The Gaelic Football Thread

I think that's perfectly reasonable to be honest. This GAA culture of supposed part time coaches travelling across the country 3 times a week is fucking ridiculous.
  19. J

Gaa brawls

I repeat this every time we this shit, but the way to sort this out is to ban the clubs involved from all competition for a year. If the GAA don't do it, watch the referees themselves get together and start boycotting teams.
  20. J

The County Board Complaints Thread

Regarding Musgrave Park - it was named after Jimmy Musgrave, a past president of the IRFU. So an identical situation to PUC. Unfortunately for Jimmy his grandchildren obviously don't give a shite about his legacy.