Search results

1. P

Gaeilge alive and well at Rugbaí World Cup

RPpiX3QidAk LOL beag le fáil anseo.
  2. P

Have you scanned or swiped your club card?

Quantity needed. Insert cash or press 'pay with card'. Have you scanned or swiped your club card? Please take your items and your charge. Notes are dispensed below the scanner. I always answer but Mrs. Tesco never replies to me. Typical old doll. Always demanding money and giving you nothing...
  3. P

Who had the giant PROC flag at Semple?

Talking to a few heads there at work and someone mentioned it. Surely someone on here?
  4. P

Should Brian Coewn resign over Lisbon shambles?

From what I saw there's only a token amount of YES posters around Cork, the NO campaign showed buckets of energy and were parading around town even yesterday with banners and flags. Cowen sounds tired and bored despite giving a good account of himself and the YES campiagn's motives on newstalk...
  5. P

Returning Christmas exiles please buy Irish phones

For fuck sake biys. Buy a shit cheap Irish SIM card and put it in your phone or just buy a full phone that you can use every time you come back home. I spent about 50 euros calling Australian, US and English mobiles in the last two weeks! Catch up with the now-slightly-slower-paced Celtic...
  6. P

Why is Cork escaping gangland violence?

The media is full of stories about Dublin and Limerick scum but did you ever wonder why Cork has largely escaped the relentless number of gangland assasinations? I know there have been a few incidents but has one gang got the place sown up, are we more civilised or is there just less demand...
  7. P

The DVD extras on The Shed

Came home to my copy and watched it straight through. The show is great but the extras are fucking hilarious!!! Some of the kids are hilarious altogether. Well done to Ed Godsell and everyone involved.
  8. P

Cén bliain a d'imigh an gaeilge as na hEireannigh?

Nil go leor gaeilge agam agus caithfidh me an request seo a scriobh as bearla: Does anyone know where you could find out about how Irish was replaced by English in the majority? As in, up until when were they using Irish in the countryside and how quickly did English take over? I've always...
  9. P

Argentina: soccer submits to rugby

A sign of the new love of rugby sweeping Argentina was clear yesterday when the biggest football match in South America had its kick-off changed to allow the nation to watch Sunday's quarter-final clash with Scotland. Boca Juniors versus River Plate is one of the world's great sporting...
  10. P

Boylans Magic Medicine for Masters..?

On the back of todays Echo it says ex Meath boss and herbalist Sean Boylan rang Billy Morgan upon hearing about James Masters broken jaw and offered some "magic cure". Billy is quoted as saying "Sean contacted me to say that he would send down some stuff for James to take which might...
  11. P

"Texter" to Prendeville this morning

Ive got a text here from Willie who says "All those Polish people are ruining the economy. 90% of Irish people who went to America spent their money in the country they worked in. The Polish spend nothing here and are taking our money out of the country with them" ...we'll take a break. Christ...
  12. P

Cant work out colour code for my car..

Have a look at the attached file: looks like my colour is L57N but Halfords couldnt make it up and it wasnt on their list. Anyone any ideas?
  13. P

Wanna buy a laptop without Vista

Was out in Currys the other day looking at some nice laptops. I like the toshiba ones but the feen told me Id lose the warranty if I installed XP to replace Vista. I have a lot of programs I need that wont work on vista and having used the new operating system Id prefer to stick with XP until...
  14. P

PROC users suggestions for Cork hurlers training tonight

PROC users suggestions for Cork hurlers training tonight Come all ye hurling know-it-alls and sunshine boys and add your suggestions. Im sure Ger Mac and the selectors will write them all down and carry them out as prescribed this is your chance to have your say... 1. Ronan Curran to spend...
  15. P

Trying to buy a sliotar in Champion Sports Dublin..

Act One Scene One Attempting to buy a sliothar in Champion Sports, Henry Street, Dublin. If it was an immigrant you’d let them away with it but from young female Dubs this is inexcusable: ”Hi, do you keep Sliotars?” ”Eh yes I think so…they’re over here.” Points to hurleys. ”Oh hang on...
  16. P

Republic of Loose singer puking on stage

Heard from a friend last night that the singer was puking on stage at their recent gig in Cork. Anyone else confirm this? A few people mentioned that the live show has gone down hill in the last year which would be a damn shame and this incident sounds like those opinions might be true. Havent...
  17. P

Watch your c/card if youve ever used McAfee

Although I haven't got it installed on my PC I recently learned that McAfee deducted 30euro from my credit card. On investigation a product I had downloaded 2 years ago had "automatic subscription renewal" attached to it. I didn't even get an email to let me know or warn me in advance. As...
  18. P

Horgans Quay development slammed by City Council

Eoin English's piece in Tuesday's Examiner: The call was made after major deficiencies, including serious design issues, were revealed as the reasons behind planners’ refusal of a multi-million apartment scheme on the company’s Horgan’s Quay site two months ago. City officials have laid bare...
  19. P

Douglas Golf club sell out to Property Developers

Douglas Golf Club voted last night overwhelmingly in favour of accepting a €171 million deal to move their course to Carr’s Hill from the present site in Douglas/Mahon making way for a massive housing project to be undertaken by Castlelands Developments. Strangely planning permission has not...
  20. P

Four reasons I'll probably vote Green

1. As boring as it sounds, I heard Dan Boyle talk about pensions on radio a few weeks back and his knowledge of the workings of the finances of the country was very impressive. It was nothing to do with the environment – I thought that’s all they used to go on about. 2. They’re pro-public...