Judge Martin Nolan

Wonder if PROC's local legal correspondent has anything to say about Judge "suspend the nonce" Nolan? :unsure:
I have already said all I have to say. His sentences on sexually based offences seem lighter than the average, but in order to be able to comment with clarity, I would need a sense of how many of his decisions the DPP chooses to appeal and how many of those appeals are granted.

I know for certain that anyone who thinks that his sentencing is grounds for the guards to get a search warrant against him is almost incomprehensibly stupid though.

It would seem exceptionally silly, if one was a paedophile, to go out of your way to draw attention to yourself by giving lax sentences to people convicted of sexual offences.

I don't really understand the thinking behind it, tbh.

Are you now accepting that he has a record of giving "lax sentences to people convicted of sexual offences", or suggesting that he is not a paedophile?

I am working with the proposition put forward by another poster.

I have already set out my position in relation to his sentencing. Twice. If you can't read it, I can't assist you any further in that regard.

Oh I read it alright. It was of the Judge Nolan's "sentences on sexually based offences seem lighter than the average, but...." variety.

I'd say nonces up and down the country if they get caught would be hoping to be up before Nolan so they might walk out the door of the court with just a suspended sentence.

Oh I read it alright. It was of the Judge Nolan's "sentences on sexually based offences seem lighter than the average, but...." variety.

I'd say nonces up and down the country if they get caught would be hoping to be up before Nolan so they might walk out the door of the court with just a suspended sentence.
So you read it, you just didn't understand it. Thats fine.

Have you given up on your plan for a search warrant against him?

So you read it, you just didn't understand it. Thats fine.

Have you given up on your plan for a search warrant against him?

I still think he's for the watching. And I think many of us who aren't in the incestuous ivory towers of Irish legalistas find much of the suspended sentences habitually handed down to proven nonces by Nolan to be very disturbing.

Maybe Judge Nolan might volunteer to have his hard-drives checked if, as you seem to insinuate, he's got nothing to hide. Maybe not. :cool:

I still think he's for the watching. And I think many of us who aren't in the incestuous ivory towers of Irish legalistas find much of the suspended sentences habitually handed down to proven nonces by Nolan to be very disturbing.

Maybe Judge Nolan might volunteer to have his hard-drives checked if, as you seem to insinuate, he's got nothing to hide. Maybe not. :cool:
So you acknowledge that your idea that somehow a search warrant should be issued against him was massively idiotic.

So you acknowledge that your idea that somehow a search warrant should be issued against him was massively idiotic.

That a search warrant SHOULD be issued against him given his lengthy record of only having suspended sentences for proven nonces with hundreds of sick photographs isn't idiotic at all.
That one of his fellow judges WOULD sign off properly on a search warrant against him seems massively unlikely though. Not quite the same thing.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Lee Sessions Trad Trail
The Rock Bar, Gillabbey St.

29th May 2024 @ 9:30 pm
More info..

Outsiders X Africa Day: Let The Pen Speak

Cyprus Avenue, Tomorrow @ 8pm

More events ▼