Recent content by Shabby

1. S

Official UEFA Champions League 23/24 Thread

That was a strange move by the ref to blow the whistle. It’s extremely marginal no matter what happens. Protocol is to let the play run and then go back on it. Weird refereeing. It was probably off though. And I think Lunin had maybe stopped in goal.
  2. S

Madrid are an incredible club infairness. Back in another final when they looked doomed. How do they keep doing it? Bayern will be sick though. I thought they went a bit deep as the game wore on but that is natural for any team defending for their lives. I still wouldn’t rule Dortmund out of...
  3. S

Bayern not really having a proper go here but that’s understandable when the tie is in the balance and away from home. But it’s not exactly a big club mentality and they are a massive club. Both teams have defences that can be got at but Bayern have disappointed me so far. I also think they...
  4. S

Cork u20 Football 2024

I don’t really understand why every defeat needs a massive inquest and deeper reasoning behind it. I’d get it if we had no success at all in recent times but that isn’t the case. I felt we had a fierce chance at half time yesterday despite not playing that well but having a wind behind us in...
  5. S

Cork u20 Football 2024

I thought we were doing fine in the first half into the wind, missed a few goal chances, had a few wides but were well in it going into the second half. Kerry ran the ball in the second half and we just didn’t have the physical stature or power to stop them burrowing through us. The minors...
  6. S

Cork u20 Football 2024

This was a bad showing. It wasn’t even too bad at half time. We had a wind behind us but just got blown away in those opening 10 mins in the second half. The back 6 looked very light and couldn’t cope with Kerry’s strong running game. Could have been 3 or 4 more goals for Kerry in that second...
  7. S

Cork Minor Football 2024

Only saw a bit of the game but I thought we looked really small compared to Kerry or was it my imagination? I thought we looked a bit dodgy when Kerry put a bit of a press on too and again that was down the lacking size to mind the ball. Was a greasy night too which maybe didn’t help. To be...
  8. S

Cork Footballers

No. Only provincial finals can’t be repeated and the seeding prevents that anyway. Technically Cork could get Kerry again but we know that wont happen. It’s a good draw in the sense of winning on game gets us through and Clare away is a very winnable game. Probably the most winnable game in...
  9. S

The Official Liverpool Thread - Part 2

Similar to how my favourite time watching United is now. Or anytime in the last 5 years in general. The wheel turns. The sad part is that it’ll turn again probably.
  10. S

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

They’re not fine though, even if that’s the case. I don’t know what the solution is but the defence is sub standard.
  11. S

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

In what world is the Cork defence fine? Conceding huge scores week after week for years now, no matter who plays back there. It’s a collective thing as much as it’s an individual thing. Some aren’t good enough and others don’t work together.
  12. S

The Official Arsenal Thread - Part 2

Since Liverpool are now out of the title race I would like to also declare it a really poor standard season. That’s how it works isn’t it? Arsenal will prob get 89 points and potentially not win the title. That would have won the title in most PL seasons. God forbid a team wins a game without...
  13. S

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

To be fair, whilst understanding the negativity, I do think we were doing quite well 15 against 15 but momentum was going against us at the point of the red card. Can’t say for sure we’d have won. The red itself was so needless by SOD. He will be disappointed with himself. You can’t do things...
  14. S

The Official Liverpool Thread - Part 2

The good(it’s not really the best)news this evening is we will return to the CL unless we lose all remaining games approx 6 or 7-0. You’d never know. Yerrah!
  15. S

The Official Arsenal Thread - Part 2

I’m not sure they are capable and I know Liverpool failed to win there twice but Liverpool completely beat themselves both times. If United present the same version of themselves for that game then Arsenal will win at a canter.