Recent content by Horse of Gold

1. H

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Sorry but fellas are giving Ryan way too easy a pass given some of the grief his predecessors have gotten. If we fail to make it out of Munster two years on the bounce then he shouldn’t be back for a 3rd term. Lovely fella and all but we haven’t delivered under him. Fingers crossed we can do...
  2. H

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Infairness when your puck out system collapsed as bad as ours and the ball is coming straight back at you, no matter what defence you have your going to concede a high score. Regardless most want ED in and shouts for NOL or TOM too.
  3. H

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

I agree with a lot of what you said but I just can’t see Cunningham getting near the team unfortunately. Timing is everything and he missed so much of the league I can’t see him breaking in. Obviously very talented nobody’s disputing that but at the very best a spot on the bench. With the round...
  4. H

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

A lot calling for TOM, I’m not sure management are convinced by him. Has seen very little game time (injuries haven’t helped) over Ryan’s time in charge. And again he’s another who has been drafted into a number of positions. Personally don’t think he has the cuteness of hurling to be midfield
  5. H

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

All well and good naming teams that fellas want but we need to be conscious of who we are coming up against too. Duggan, Fitzgearld, Kelly(?), Rodgers, McCarthy, SOD That is a seriously strong forward line, match ups are going to be vital.
  6. H

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

I think so too, especially seeing as Ref gave Lyons a yellow in first half for throwing a cork Hurley away
  7. H

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Also got a silly yellow too in first half which was probably factored into the decision but he was anonymous
  8. H

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Today was damming really. A real kick in the stomach. It’s all very deflating, I find it hard to see us beating Clare given the form they are in and also in terms of personnel, I think they are a bad match up for us. After last year Ryan noted one of the issues he had was working with too many...
  9. H

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Not that it matters but I thought he was probably our best player today.
  10. H

The Hurling Thread

They aren’t my favourite but Off The Ball did a great piece with SOD, scary the level of concussion had
  11. H

The Hurling Thread

I’d be shocked if SOD isn’t starting
  12. H

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Superb post and Id agree with a lot of it. Waterford have always had some super players but have been serious underachievers. The only point I’d question is your Davy 1 Pat 0. Davy will inevitably make changes with a few late changes. While I know he’s had a minor injury I’d be surprised if...
  13. H

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

And we will do exactly the same, as long as refs keep buying it everyone will do it
  14. H

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

The young Fitzgearld lads have a bit about them too.
  15. H

Cork Footballers

Flahive to pick up David Clifford? Who will take Paudi?