Recent content by c'mere

1. C

Public Service Broadcasting

Will be there, tickets purchased. 👌🏼 Fair fcuks to Cyprus Ave with the bookings so far for this year and getting some good bands over and into our city. Ride, Libertines, Miles Kane and Cast are all also pencilled into my diary. Somewhat makes up for the Marquee absolutely taking the piss...
  2. C

Fontaines DC

They are hopping all over much of Europe from June 12th so I had thought twas nailed on they'd have a Marquee gig early that month. Seems perhaps unlikely now after today's announcement.
  3. C

Live at the Marquee 24

Add Lyra to that, announced today. Two Opera Shows a matter of weeks ago.
  4. C

Live at the Marquee 24

Still nothing I'd pay to see so I'm veering towards back to back years of giving it all a skip. Noel Gallagher and Fontaines DC touring in June. I'd be optimistic the latter may be announced yet but who knows.
  5. C

Acdc

I am generally slow enough to do stadium type gigs such is the general detachment around you from what is going on at them but I made the trek to see ACDC in the Aviva in 2015 as I'd never seen them and thought might well be their last Irish visit. Twas actually very good, up there with best...
  6. C

Gallagher/Squire

So much potential here. Voice A1. Guitar riff A1. Lyrics, never written a song but give me a few hours and I'd put together better! And that's their lead single!? 😢
  7. C

Live at the Marquee 24

Utter muck so far with seemingly no thought gone into it. You can catch Gavin James, Coronas, Damien Dempsey, Jenny Greene, Mick Flannery in Cork a few times every year in places like Cyprus Avenue, Live at St. Lukes and Coughlans. Christy was in the Opera House twice this year iirc.
  8. C

Live at the Marquee 24

This article mentions first lot of Marquee announcements to be made in first week of November. Nothing yet, we are two days out from December, whilst plenty of announcements for June performances that you might expect at the Marquee have been made for Dublin, Limerick and (I note quite a few...
  9. C

Peter Hook Cyprus Ave. Sun Aug 20th

I must add to this thinking about it today, Potts was f**king incredible on the guitar. Like so, soooo good. I was close enough to the front, no booze as driving and I was mesmerised.
  10. C

Peter Hook Cyprus Ave. Sun Aug 20th

Right up there with the best gigs I've ever been to.
  11. C

Live at the Marquee 24

Pathetic is the perfect word for it.
  12. C

2 tickets for sale - The Scratch - Cyprus Ave - Sat 05/11 (sold out).

Sold out show but no longer able to attend. 2 tickets for sale. Gig is this coming Saturday night, 5th of November in Cyprus Avenue. Paid 44 euro including booking fees. Happy to sell both tickets for 30 total. Thanks.
  13. C

Live at the Marquee 24

Beer take card anyway. I didn’t have any grub there or buy any merch.