Cork Footballers

I came on here to ask that question.
They are dishing out great results bar loosing to Newcestown , whom gave Ross a thumping Friday night.
It’s not realistic. The league calendar needs to be looked at.
The big 4 do enough to avoid relegation and that’s it. No point going flat out in April collecting league points to win a Kelleher shield when championship is 4-6 months away. Championship is the only goal for the Top sides.
The league is useful to the lower senior teams who might be rebuilding etc.
Top 4 have little interest, other than avoiding relegation.
The league is a super competition from Div 2 to Div 7 as you’ve more jeopardy with promotion and relegation

It’s not realistic. The league calendar needs to be looked at.
The big 4 do enough to avoid relegation and that’s it. No point going flat out in April collecting league points to win a Kelleher shield when championship is 4-6 months away. Championship is the only goal for the Top sides.
The league is useful to the lower senior teams who might be rebuilding etc.
Top 4 have little interest, other than avoiding relegation.
The league is a super competition from Div 2 to Div 7 as you’ve more jeopardy with promotion and relegation
When was the league ever important to the big 4?

Not being willing (or perhaps able, for various reasons) to give the required commitment at any stage is an entirely reasonable decision for an individual, and should be respected.

Of course not being prepared to give the required commitment rules somebody out at that time (and BTW I have no knowledge that applies to any particular case). However, that should in no way rule somebody out for the future. Circumstances can change, and if commitment changes then opportunities change - and I honor anybody at any stage deciding the are prepared to give the required commitment and making themselves available.

Not being willing (or perhaps able, for various reasons) to give the required commitment at any stage is an entirely reasonable decision for an individual, and should be respected.

Of course not being prepared to give the required commitment rules somebody out at that time (and BTW I have no knowledge that applies to any particular case). However, that should in no way rule somebody out for the future. Circumstances can change, and if commitment changes then opportunities change - and I honor anybody at any stage deciding the are prepared to give the required commitment and making themselves available.
Folks this is what happens to you if you get exposed to Waterfords Derek McGrath for more than 20 mins!

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Lee Sessions Trad Trail
Sin É, Coburg St

7th Jun 2024 @ 6:30 pm
More info..

DJ Ian Richards

Crane Lane Theatre, Tomorrow @ 11pm

More events ▼