The Munster Rugby Thread 2019/20

At least Crowley and Casey have come through as strong international standard players, with Nash and Daly very close.

Loughman, Ahern, Coombes, Hodnett look close enough too, but there's a lot of quality that's declining or heading out the door
Front row is a massive concern. Jager is the only one that I think is truly international/Champions Cup level.

Frisch is the biggest loss of all, we didn't have RG playing enough for him to really count. That being said, we have Sean O'Brien, Liam Coombes, Pa Campbell, Shay McCarthy and Ben O'Connor in addition to the current regulars.

Wonder if there's any chance of Munster getting Paddy McCarthy if Leinster sign an NIQ?
It will be interesting to see what they do with their props. Milne is there but there's a massive risk with Healy all but done leaving Furlong and Porter. You can see why they scrambled after TOT and Bealham.

Munster approached James Cronin as well I believe. Has another year at Leicester

It will be interesting to see what they do with their props. Milne is there but there's a massive risk with Healy all but done leaving Furlong and Porter. You can see why they scrambled after TOT and Bealham.

Munster approached James Cronin as well I believe. Has another year at Leicester
Yes they did approach Cronin, but I'm glad he's staying put. He's respected far more by them than he ever was at Munster.

There's been chat that Tom Farrell is heading south from Galway. Bernard Jackman all but confirmed it, it seems.

Great signing, needs a bit of luck injury wise.

Doesn't necessarily mean Frisch is gone but if a French buy out his year it might let Munster go NIQ shopping and push for a prop and tell the IRFU to go fuck themselves

There's been chat that Tom Farrell is heading south from Galway. Bernard Jackman all but confirmed it, it seems.

Great signing, needs a bit of luck injury wise.

Doesn't necessarily mean Frisch is gone but if a French buy out his year it might let Munster go NIQ shopping and push for a prop and tell the IRFU to go fuck themselves
Hmm, that's not great either from an Irish rugby point of view, Munster already taking Kilgallen from Connacht and Burns from Ulster, neither or which I suspect are particularly happy about Munster poaching players

For all the talk of weakness in the front row, missed that Keynan Knox got the boot in Feb and Chris Moore went gone on loan to the Ospreys 4 weeks ago, came off the bench for them against Sale in the Anglo-Welsh cup.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Lyra
Live At The Marquee

16th Jun 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Jan McCullough: Night Class

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 10am

More events ▼