Price Of A Bazzer In Cork?

€25 for a haircut (simple fade + snips) and I give the cutter a €5 as a tip.

To be fair it has gone from €15 pre-pandemic to €18 afterwards and then from €20 to €25 pretty quickly but I assumed that this was across the board.

Revisiting this.

Went to the barber yesterday. There were a few signs up to note that prices had been increased.

Time to pay arrived - €32 - it was €25 for the exact same thing 3 weeks ago.

I had €35 in my wallet so he only got a €3 tip. Because they will not take card payment.

Am I being silly or is a 21% jump in prices a bit off the wall?

What VAT rate do barbers pay?

(Though with their cash-only insistence, I assume the Revenue sees very little from these lads...)

Revisiting this.

Went to the barber yesterday. There were a few signs up to note that prices had been increased.

Time to pay arrived - €32 - it was €25 for the exact same thing 3 weeks ago.

I had €35 in my wallet so he only got a €3 tip. Because they will not take card payment.

Am I being silly or is a 21% jump in prices a bit off the wall?

What VAT rate do barbers pay?

(Though with their cash-only insistence, I assume the Revenue sees very little from these lads...)
My free flowing locks have also felt the wind of change CrispY.. my €18 haircut is now €20.. Only the dog and my missus feel the need to spend more

Still frequent the place on the corner of OlliePoly and Princes Street. Plenty of staff so though it's always busy (which I take as a good sign) you're never waiting too long, and it's open on a Monday when a lot of barbers aren't. Dry cut including eyebrows, cut-throat razor to the small hair on the back of the neck, complete with after-shave, and flame-thrower-on-the-ears,. 13Euro, 2Euro tip. Everybody happy.

Still frequent the place on the corner of OlliePoly and Princes Street. Plenty of staff so though it's always busy (which I take as a good sign) you're never waiting too long, and it's open on a Monday when a lot of barbers aren't. Dry cut including eyebrows, cut-throat razor to the small hair on the back of the neck, complete with after-shave, and flame-thrower-on-the-ears,. 13Euro, 2Euro tip. Everybody happy.
That is good value, But how would you react if the fella with the cut throat razor was wearing a Na Piarsaigh jersey?

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Pretty Woman The Musical
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

29th Jun 2024 @ 7:30 pm
More info..

Centre Stage School Footworks 2024

Cork Opera House, Tomorrow @ 6pm

More events ▼