tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
Edmund Blackwater was right: PUB TEAM - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Sports Forum
User Name
Password

Old 11-04-2007, 06:49 AM

Default Edmund Blackwater was right: PUB TEAM

Stick ye're apologies here. Any team conceding 7 in the last eight of the CL deserves to be called so.
Old 11-04-2007, 07:06 AM

Charity post.
Old 11-04-2007, 07:06 AM

http://www.peoplesrepublicofcork.com...101537&page=15

post 145.
Old 11-04-2007, 07:15 AM

Fair play to ye, I never saw that.

To be honest. I didn't see either game last night as I had to attend an unforseen and not very nice event, but I read that Carrick scored twice, one beauty if the beeb is to be believed, and that smith also scored.
In fact, I read that Carrick ran the game. He doesn't even do that against the Watfords of this world.
I said before the draw was made that Roma were the worst team left in it to more or less deafening silence until manyoo drew them, then all of a sudden they were a top, top team in most of the boards' eyes.
Fair play to sound, at least he tried to reason why psv were worse, but I think last nights result proves otherwise unless Liverpool hockey psv tonight which they're incapable of.

It, as I've said wasn't an anti-manyoo thing, just my opinion of a very poor team.
Old 11-04-2007, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnyB View Post
fair play Ronny, yourself, HoChi and Rebelseem like the best of the ManYoo fans, by some distance
Old 11-04-2007, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmund Blackwater View Post
Fair play to ye, I never saw that.

To be honest. I didn't see either game last night as I had to attend an unforseen and not very nice event, but I read that Carrick scored twice, one beauty if the beeb is to be believed, and that smith also scored.
In fact, I read that Carrick ran the game. He doesn't even do that against the Watfords of this world.
I said before the draw was made that Roma were the worst team left in it to more or less deafening silence until manyoo drew them, then all of a sudden they were a top, top team in most of the boards' eyes.
Fair play to sound, at least he tried to reason why psv were worse, but I think last nights result proves otherwise unless Liverpool hockey psv tonight which they're incapable of.

It, as I've said wasn't an anti-manyoo thing, just my opinion of a very poor team.
yet the strange thing was Roma wer'nt that bad. I thought they looked more threatening early on than they did in 90 minutes last week. Still looking back had Scholes kept his head I think last night would have been a simple game & little effort required to go through.

Tadei was a loss for Roma but their defence was shaky added to every United shot seeming to end up in a goal.
Old 11-04-2007, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamps View Post
fair play Ronny, yourself, HoChi and Rebelseem like the best of the ManYoo fans, by some distance
Up there with Nazis on the list of things I hate is sports snobs who 'rate' fans by how much bullshit they can spout about their chosen team.

I lived with some folk like this before, and by christ they were boring people.

Anyway random point, and I'm not a footy fan, so I'll be off now, I'll just leave you with some amusing trivia I spotted today:

Quote:
Like United's first six goals it was a fine finish and completed a magnificent victory,
their biggest in Europe since they beat Irish side Waterford on their way to winning the 1968 European Cup.
Old 11-04-2007, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantankerous bastard View Post
Up there with Nazis on the list of things I hate is sports snobs who 'rate' fans by how much bullshit they can spout about their chosen team.
Or rather lack of bullshit.

And you also mentioned Nazi's, so in keeping with the precedent set a few weeks back, and that you made a balls of understanding what I said, I declare Godwins rule.

Back to the morons forum lad
Old 11-04-2007, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamps View Post
Or rather lack of bullshit.

And you also mentioned Nazi's, so in keeping with the precedent set a few weeks back, and that you made a balls of understanding what I said, I declare Godwins rule.

Back to the morons forum lad
I understand completely, you feel that only a select group of individuals who dedicate a remarkable amount of their time to being learned in sport are fit to speak with you.

But anyway I was just firing off a broadside, do go on.
Old 11-04-2007, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantankerous bastard View Post
I understand completely, you feel that only a select group of individuals who dedicate a remarkable amount of their time to being learned in sport are fit to speak with you.

But anyway I was just firing off a broadside, do go on.
No you idiot, I picked out said individuals because they appear to be able to step back and judge things properly and seem devoid of that wonderful trait of bum slapping. If I'd wanted an anorak I'd have said Kola.

You know nothing about this forum.
Or sport.