Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Travel Forum
User Name
Password

Old 07-02-2019, 04:32 PM

Any recommendations on places to eat around time square or near that direction Duffs? Going next week for the week. Nothing too fancy but brekkie and dinner places would be greatly appreciated. Also bars etc to be recommended would be great
Old 11-02-2019, 03:07 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonaldinho View Post
Any recommendations on places to eat around time square or near that direction Duffs? Going next week for the week. Nothing too fancy but brekkie and dinner places would be greatly appreciated. Also bars etc to be recommended would be great
Tick Tock diner for brekkie.

It's next to the New Yorker hotel about 3 blocks from Times Square.

Get the pancakes with bacon and sausages - your heart will protest but fuck it, tuck in.
Old 11-02-2019, 03:52 PM

Quote:
We stayed at the Crowne Plaza, Times Square. I always ask the porters/concierge where they would recommend for breakfast. I was recommended a Diner about 100 yards away. There was a short queue outside which is always a good sign. The pancakes with bacon and maple syrup was unreal.

It was called the Times Square Diner and Grill, but is not actually on Times Square.

807 8th Ave, New York, NY 10019, USA
Old 13-02-2019, 10:54 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
download yelp. then just search by location wherever you are, based on the map. you can filter "open now", price range etc. great for bars and food.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doolaly View Post
Cunt ...I am one of the calmest people on earth... Get fucked..
Old 16-02-2019, 11:59 AM
Senior PROC Member

Forgot to mention. Get a sazerac, a steak and a side of creamed spinach in Keens. Winner.
Old 24-02-2019, 01:50 PM
Banned

I'm working in Buffalo NY for a few days in August, and am spending a further 3 nights in NYC as I've never been there and its a fairly short flight over.

What are the absolute must sees in NYC? The things you can't forgive yourself for not seeing?

Priorities for me are Wall Street, The Statue of Library, and the apartment block that was used in Friends.
Old 27-02-2019, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorz View Post
I'm working in Buffalo NY for a few days in August, and am spending a further 3 nights in NYC as I've never been there and its a fairly short flight over.

What are the absolute must sees in NYC? The things you can't forgive yourself for not seeing?

Priorities for me are Wall Street, The Statue of Library, and the apartment block that was used in Friends.
Pass on the Empire State Building and do the Rockefeller Center instead. But buy your tickets online beforehand. We did and were waved past a huge queue.

https://www.rockefellercenter.com/buy-tickets/
Old 27-02-2019, 10:34 PM
Senior PROC Member

I always wanted to see the statue of 'Library'.
Old 01-03-2019, 03:17 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorz View Post

Morto
Old 04-03-2019, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great-Bit-O-Stuff View Post
I always wanted to see the statue of 'Library'.
Tons of books on the subject.