tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
The Chinese - Not such a gr8 bunch of lads - Page 2 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > The Langers Forum
User Name
Password

Old 30-09-2016, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxetten View Post
Yer man is an asshole, I think we can agree on that, tbh it's not so much the eating of donkey meat that is the issue as the fact that they want to buy up all these animals to make their traditional medicines which are probably not even scientifically proven to do what they are advertised as doing, and also it's the sheer indifference to the suffering of animals be they dogs or donkeys that shows us how different and indeed primitive and unenlightened the Chinese are, the sheer brutality of the Yulin festival being the prime example, their cruelty needs to be highlighted as widely as possible imo.
Do you eat meat, Rox?

I've probably asked you this before I know, but I can't remember the answer tbh.
Old 30-09-2016, 10:34 PM

They make a lovely sweet and sour though
Old 30-09-2016, 10:46 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CORKBHOY View Post
Do you eat meat, Rox?

I've probably asked you this before I know, but I can't remember the answer tbh.
I do but can take it or leave it and I do know where are coming from but the cruelty with which the animals in the Yulin festival are dispatched is not something that can be compared to the slaughter methods used here, I'm not going to put up any more pics of it but it is hellish, here's no other word to describe it, also, their fascination with ivory has placed Africa's wild elephants at risk and their demand for rhino horns is doing similar harm to Africa's Rhino population, likewise their demand for tigers which is in turn putting those animals at risk. The medicinal claims relating to these animals are largely bogus of course.

http://www.tigersincrisis.com/traditional_medicine.htm

Quote:
Endangered tiger parts such as bones, eyes, whiskers and teeth are used to treat ailments and disease ranging from insomnia and malaria, to meningitis and bad skin. Chinese texts state that the active ingredients in tiger bone; calcium and protein, which help promote healing, have anti-inflammatory properties.

Western medical experts tend to discount all claims of any curative power in tiger bone, as they do the rhinoceros horn, another popular Chinese medicine. And, it is well known that aspirin contains similar properties and produces the many of the same results as tiger prescriptions in patients.

Despite this, in Hong Kong, China, Taiwan, South Korea, Vietnam and in Chinatowns across Europe and North America, Chinese medicine stores do a steady trade in tiger wines, powder, tiger balms and tiger pills. Many Asian communities believe that tiger bone, in powdered form or prepared as, “tiger wine,” soothes rheumatic pain and cures ulcers, malaria and burns.

These derivatives make international trade and consumption possible in the wake of the, Convention on the International Trade in Endangered Species (CITES) treaty because they are not easily recognizable as tiger parts.

In recent years there has also been a resurgence of interest in traditional values and cures derived from nature in Chinese culture. Thus, the use of endangered tiger parts for medicinal properties is seen as a status symbol, a way to retain customs amid rapid change and as an alternative to the shortcomings of western medicine.

The Chinese culture believes that nearly all parts of the tiger can be used to derive some medicinal cure for any number of ailments. Here are some examples of how tiger parts and their derivatives are used in traditional Chinese medicine and causing the tiger to be a critically endangered species:

Tiger claws: used as a sedative for insomnia

Teeth: used to treat fever

Fat: used to treat leprosy and rheumatism

Nose leather: used to treat superficial wounds such as bites

Tiger bone: used as an anti-inflammatory drug to treat rheumatism and arthritis, general weakness, headaches, stiffness or paralysis in lower back and legs and dysentery

Eyeballs: used to treat epilepsy and malaria
Old 30-09-2016, 10:48 PM
Banned

I ate donkey once, didn't know it was donkey at the time but it was fucking yummy! I'd definitely eat it again.
I'd totally try dog too - I reckon labrador tastes pretty nice.
Old 30-09-2016, 10:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Their hunger for ivory threatens to bring an end to wild elephants within our lifetime, their annual Yulin dog eating festival this year led to the slaughter of between 10,000 and 15,000 dogs and cats which as pictures demonstrate died horrible deaths and now it turns out that the bloodthirsty maniacs also have donkeys in their sights and are on a quest to buy up the global supply of donkeys because they want to get their hands on donkey skins, which are boiled to produce gelatin, as a key ingredient in the traditional Chinese remedy ejiao – believed to improve blood circulation and cure conditions including dizziness, irregular menstruation and insomnia.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7339181.html

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a6968861.html

#savages
Most Chinese against that as well, it is not a race thing it is the political imposition of a ruling junta.
Old 30-09-2016, 10:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spank The Donkey View Post
I ate donkey once, didn't know it was donkey at the time but it was fucking yummy! I'd definitely eat it again.
You are a donkey or should I rephrase that to an ass.
Old 30-09-2016, 10:52 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Ok,you have eclectic taste buds, fair play, but what do you think of the trade in endangered species which are used for "traditional" Chinese medicines?
Old 30-09-2016, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Oscillator
Old 30-09-2016, 11:00 PM

Quote:
I do but can take it or leave it and I do know where are coming from but the cruelty with which the animals in the Yulin festival are dispatched is not something that can be compared to the slaughter methods used here, I'm not going to put up any more pics of it but it is hellish, here's no other word to describe it, also, their fascination with ivory has placed Africa's wild elephants at risk and their demand for rhino horns is doing similar harm to Africa's Rhino population, likewise their demand for tigers which is in turn putting those animals at risk. The medicinal claims relating to these animals are largely bogus of course.

http://www.tigersincrisis.com/traditional_medicine.htm
Do you know that studies have shown that pigs entering a slaughter house have the intelligence to know they're going to be killed?
Old 30-09-2016, 11:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleakforest View Post
You are a donkey or should I rephrase that to an ass.
Stop following me around, Bleaky, it's most unbecoming.