Gardai - Page 79 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > The Langers Forum
User Name
Password

Old 19-09-2019, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaty View Post
Serious list when read.

The issue is really down to parenting. It all went pear shaped when we stopped getting kicks up the holes from our working fathers.

B
This. Every. Single. Time.

But we cant do that, so anyone arrested under 18 and its the parents who take the rap, end of. control your children or the law will control you, for your childrens sakes, and their futures. Reb was right, cut the dole, up the rent, name and shame, etc until results start to show. Fucking tramps, its mental when you think that we need a license to own a dog lads.
Old 19-09-2019, 11:42 AM
PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaty View Post
Serious list when read.

The issue is really down to parenting. It all went pear shaped when we stopped getting kicks up the holes from our working fathers.

B
Big part of it alright but theres been plenty good parents had problems over drugs too
Old 19-09-2019, 11:48 AM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pontipine View Post
PC brigade are to blame.

You can’t say boo to a youngfella these days. The result is some do what they like without fear of the consequences.
Very true.
Old 19-09-2019, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballhopping View Post
Big part of it alright but theres been plenty good parents had problems over drugs too
Correct but less likely than in families where lads were left run a muck from day one.
Old 19-09-2019, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel bike View Post
Correct but less likely than in families where lads were left run a muck from day one.
I have an 8 year old son and im doing all i can to keep him involved with
gaa, scouts, etc at the end of the day i want to be able to say when he grows older that we as his parents did all we could, too many parents are too selfish, lazy to get involved and encourage their kids, a lot of parents dont want to lose out on their own freedom but down the line they reap what they sow,
Old 19-09-2019, 01:58 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundMan View Post
Unfortunately, the gardai have been authors of much of their own problems. Society at large is no longer as supportive of the gardai the way they once were. When I was growing up, even seeing a garda car in the neighbourhood was a huge thing and if a garda had knocked on the door folk would still be talking about it. Nowadays though, it has been seen that for one reason or another the gardai don't seem to be the highly principled and motivated people they once tried to be and generally were.

You may scoff but I think the whole "blue flue" episode knocked a cornerstone from the once unquestioned edifice. Bit by bit people have seen more and more of their human frailties and have recognised they're not as perfect as we once thought them to have been. In fact, there have been occasional cases of carry on that bordered on criminality amongst one or two rotten apples within. And then when there were the highlighted cases of what amounted to corruption in high places within the gardai and a subsequent closing of ranks rather than going after obviously nefarious carry on, then I think the scales fell from the eyes of society in general.
I don't think Maurice McCabes revelations and treatment in the force was the initial crack, I think it was the final confirmation for many that all wasn't as it should have been amongst the gardai.

Society needs a good law enforcement service, and the Gardaí could become that once again, but I think there are a lot of bridges to be mended. Hopefully the new guy at the top can shake things up and improve it. There are still some highly principled and motivated people in the Gardaí I think, but not as plentiful as there should be
Save it for the cops m8
Old 19-09-2019, 02:34 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
So do you tar all parents of scrotes with the same brush, even though it's acknowledged that some turn into scrotes despite the best efforts of the parents?

Some kids bully their own parents by the time their 14 or 15. Some are already involved in drugs, theft, and so on.

And imho, luck can have a big part to play in how a kid turns out, no matter how much you try do for him/her.

How many times as a youngster did you do something that in retrospect you realise things might have turned out differently and taken you down a much darker path. I know I sailed close to the wind a couple of times and I'm damned thankful that my luck held.
It's not that I'd have been a better or worse person but circumstances could have turned out different.
Old 19-09-2019, 03:57 PM
PROC Member

Quote:
Nice word ,amuck 👍
Old 19-09-2019, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballhopping View Post
Nice word ,amuck 👍
Don't mok people
Old 19-09-2019, 05:07 PM

Quote:
That’s bullshite and a reason certain areas/families will always have a stigma attached to them.