tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
The Official Man Utd Thread - Part 3. - Page 1748 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Sports Forum
User Name
Password

Old 08-12-2019, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald Trump View Post
I am aware of this and post here, win lose or draw.

United are bottom of the league in through balls. That’s why they struggling against the lower teams. There will be more poor results and some more good ones.

Yes, Fred is improving and Mctominay coming back has helped immensely. But united badly need a link man, which neither of them are. They need someone like carrick in his pomp. Until they get one, expect the inconsistency to continue.
Gary Neville puts it down to players not being up for these games and lack of movement by the forwards. He backed up the latter, with good examples in a recent draw.

He never made reference to through balls other than say the forwards did not give the MFers option due to lack of movement.

Utd have much better players than mid, low tabke sides and the resultd in those games aren't good enough.

Ultimately, the buck stops at the manager's desk.

Ole has to sort it soon or he's toast
Old 08-12-2019, 06:58 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Browser Brody View Post
How’s Sanchez doing for Inter ?

Not great last I heard
Injured.
Old 09-12-2019, 08:53 AM

Thanks lads a nice 50 for a fiver, now what price are Everton next week.
Old 09-12-2019, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald Trump View Post
I am aware of this and post here, win lose or draw.

United are bottom of the league in through balls. That’s why they struggling against the lower teams. There will be more poor results and some more good ones.

Yes, Fred is improving and Mctominay coming back has helped immensely. But united badly need a link man, which neither of them are. They need someone like carrick in his pomp. Until they get one, expect the inconsistency to continue.
Are you sure they aren't 7th?

Edit: I see what you mean: (almost) bottom for throughball assists. Decent for throughball key passes though (probably accounting for some of Rashers' big chances missed).

Last edited by Cloudy O'Ranieri; 09-12-2019 at 01:12 PM..
Old 09-12-2019, 01:28 PM
Senior PROC Member

Ole's plan is starting to bear fruit.

Well done for slapping Pep's arse, always a good thing.
Old 09-12-2019, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by One View Post
These results are only papering over the cracks. Two draws and two losses to sides in the bottom six is hopeless
Well, I'd say he's bought himself until summer now and if he keeps Club in top six or seven, he'll be given another transfer window and start the 20/21 season as manager.
Only behind top two in last five fixtures and one handy fixture away from league cup semi final.
His signings have done well and he has even managed to improve Fred.
Will still be few bad days but that 4th CL spot could be there for the taking yet.
Main competition for it may come from José's Spurs as Chelsea look to be wobbling.
Old 09-12-2019, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel CNC View Post
Well, I'd say he's bought himself until summer now and if he keeps Club in top six or seven, he'll be given another transfer window and start the 20/21 season as manager.
Only behind top two in last five fixtures and one handy fixture away from league cup semi final.
His signings have done well and he has even managed to improve Fred.
Will still be few bad days but that 4th CL spot could be there for the taking yet.
Main competition for it may come from José's Spurs as Chelsea look to be wobbling.
His record against the top 6 clubs now makes for very good reading, obviously this now needs to transfer into beating the teams who will sit back and not get caught out as often with counter attacks. Outside of Pogba, there isn't anyone in the squad capable of unlocking defences from midfield, so until that person is signed (or Pogba comes back into the team), then this trend will more than likely continue.

The alternative could be to push Lingard out to a wider role and use James in the no.10 slot. His pace coming through the middle could create a bit of panic amongst opposing defences and theoretically open things up for Rashford/Martial.
Old 11-12-2019, 01:13 PM
Senior PROC Member

https://www.theguardian.com/football...P=share_btn_tw

Tired, worn Old Trafford a symbol of Manchester United's faded grandeur

Stadium was once a jewel but now a roof leaks and it needs an urgent upgrade as Tottenham and others lead the way

by Jamie Jackson
Old 11-12-2019, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by One View Post
https://www.theguardian.com/football...P=share_btn_tw

Tired, worn Old Trafford a symbol of Manchester United's faded grandeur

Stadium was once a jewel but now a roof leaks and it needs an urgent upgrade as Tottenham and others lead the way

by Jamie Jackson
Read something similar recently.

Even though I dislike UTD from a sporting perspective, it saddened me to see what the Glazier mismanagement has done to the club
Old 11-12-2019, 04:05 PM

Guardian ran a similar piece at end of last season.

https://www.theguardian.com/football...d-in-spotlight

Likewise from D Mail couple of months back

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...reams-rot.html

Doubt that anything significant will be done under Glazers except maybe revamp and expansion of the corporate entertainment areas in order to extract more money from the prawn sandwich brigade.