tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
HTC Desire or Desire HD - Page 3 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Tech Forum
User Name
Password

Old 14-11-2010, 08:45 PM

haha
Old 15-11-2010, 01:51 AM

Still think its a very personnel thing. I was all about the HTC evo which never came out in Europe. I would say to touch and feel both and see what you prefer..

I DJ (digitally) and im into photography etc so i have always had macs.. Like how they look and feel. Same with the iPhone. Saying that i will probably get the phone (HD) when i'm due an upgrade. They are both great phones!!

Completely agree with how apple are marketed by the way.
Old 15-11-2010, 03:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boochy7 View Post
Still think its a very personnel thing. I was all about the HTC evo which never came out in Europe. I would say to touch and feel both and see what you prefer..

I DJ (digitally) and im into photography etc so i have always had macs.. Like how they look and feel. Same with the iPhone. Saying that i will probably get the phone (HD) when i'm due an upgrade. They are both great phones!!

Completely agree with how apple are marketed by the way.
Haha I also dj and am into photography.. SNAP!!

From some of the posts ive read people seem to be saying the htc desire hd is the euopean version of the evo?.. thats the jist of what some are saying anyway.

ya id love a mac book.. cant afford that at the mo. great laptops never heard a bad word..
Old 15-11-2010, 12:42 PM

Yeah it seems to be the HTC evo for Europe.. the same specs more or less, without 4G but who cares about that for now..
Old 15-11-2010, 02:13 PM
Senior PROC Member

I'm liking my Xperia X10 from Sony Ericsson at the moment .

Android is a pretty stable operating system from what I've experienced . That said ,you have to be religious and ruthless about killing tasks to get any battery life out of it .

Market is a pain in the hole though , very difficult to find anything useful or even find info on what actually is useful.
Old 15-11-2010, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallace View Post
I'm liking my Xperia X10 from Sony Ericsson at the moment .

Android is a pretty stable operating system from what I've experienced . That said ,you have to be religious and ruthless about killing tasks to get any battery life out of it .

Market is a pain in the hole though , very difficult to find anything useful or even find info on what actually is useful.
Ive found that there are forums and websites that list the best ones (free and paid) and give explanation of them. simple as entering a search on the market??
Old 15-11-2010, 03:58 PM

Yeah, Apple's store is the same, pain in the hole. As Bowlz says though, using your browser is the easiest way of finding them and to be honest, stops you clogging up your device with crap you never use. Beauty of Android too is that most online app reviews come with a barcode so you can just scan your PC screen and it will load the app automatically..
Old 15-11-2010, 04:11 PM

I'm falling in love with my HTC Wildfire. It is most excellent.

Camera is handy, Hapi Podcast looks like a decent bit of software for handling podcasts, battery life isn't abysmal, good speed and, once you figure out the Sense UI, it works well.
Moving from Symbian (although I still use a 6700s as my work phone), the biggest concern is having so many apps open by default. Seems nuts, but Advanced App Killer brought back the sense of calm. Dunno if it'll make a tack of difference to battery life, but the inability to properly close apps with App Killer kinda freaks me out a little bit.

Camera's good, the GPS has already come in handy while navigating the mean streets of London Town this weekend and with a 16GB MicroSD card, picked up for £16 from Amazon, I can't think of much else I could want from it, TBH.
Old 15-11-2010, 04:36 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by How bad boy View Post
I'm falling in love with my HTC Wildfire. It is most excellent.

Camera is handy, Hapi Podcast looks like a decent bit of software for handling podcasts, battery life isn't abysmal, good speed and, once you figure out the Sense UI, it works well.
Moving from Symbian (although I still use a 6700s as my work phone), the biggest concern is having so many apps open by default. Seems nuts, but Advanced App Killer brought back the sense of calm. Dunno if it'll make a tack of difference to battery life, but the inability to properly close apps with App Killer kinda freaks me out a little bit.

Camera's good, the GPS has already come in handy while navigating the mean streets of London Town this weekend and with a 16GB MicroSD card, picked up for £16 from Amazon, I can't think of much else I could want from it, TBH.
Same here

It annoys me that I can Kill 10 apps , lock the phone , Later unlock the phone to answer a call and after the call is ended kill 5 or 6 apps again . It just shouldn't happen .

It's better than Windows anyway ...
Old 15-11-2010, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallace View Post
It annoys me that I can Kill 10 apps , lock the phone , Later unlock the phone to answer a call and after the call is ended kill 5 or 6 apps again . It just shouldn't happen
Ummmm yeah it should.

These aren't apps, but background services started by apps (similar to all the crud that lives in the Services control panel in Windows). Granted there are a lot of apps there that start background services that really shouldn't have, but that's a different story, the fact that Android allows this quite easily is one of its major selling points for me (as a developer and a user) over iPhone or WinMo...

Personally I never bother with any task killer unless I'm actually debugging on device. Android is pretty good at killing apps if they get out of control and I'm happy enough to let it get on with its job. Yeah it can be a bit perturbing seeing all those "apps" running in the background, but as was said "it's not windows"...