tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
Comedy in Cork this Week End - Page 2 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > PROC Communities > The Comedy Forum
User Name
Password

Old 10-03-2010, 05:32 PM
PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat o shea View Post
Cheers Corksong,I hadn't seen any postings for the gigs and didn't know when they were on, are the lads going to throw gigs in to event guide or events on face book just so I don't miss to include.
well 'the lads' are just me!

as opportunity arises I will put on gigs

cheers

r

probably the world's best music intro based comedy game
Old 11-03-2010, 05:07 PM

http://www.corkindependent.com/enter...ke-you-laugh!/

---------------------------------------
CMJ Print
https://www.facebook.com/Choc-A-Bloc...7028939951391/
Old 23-03-2010, 12:32 PM

Comedy this coming week in Cork.

Thursday 24th "New Kids on the Block" Laughing Langers @ Farranree Comm Center.
Thursday 24th Tommy Tiernan Tour of Cork @ Rochestown Park Hotel

Saturday 26th Paddy Courtney & Guests @ City Limits
Saturday 26th Crosshaven Comedy Club @ Crosshaven RFC
Saturday 26yh Mitchelstown Comedy Club with Paul Tylak @ Paki Ftiz
Saturday 26th Craichouse Comedy Club @LV Bar.

Sunday 27th Paddy Courtney & Guests @ City Limits.

Plenty of choice for people depending on where you live, my personal choice is try and catch Paddy Courtney @ City Limits, I hope to pop in Sunday if I can, the guy always make me laugh, not an easy thing to do.
Old 01-04-2010, 11:56 AM

Saturday 3rd April Bernard O Shea @ City Limits Comedy Club.

Bernard O'Shea is an Irish comedian. He started out in entertainment at an early age playing traditional Irish music, touring Europe with several groups. While at college he studied Theatre and went on to star in several theatrical productions. He also worked in the National Theatre of Ireland, the Abbey Theatre. He won the Harp Newcomer Comedy Award in 2000 and performed in the BBC Newcomer Awards the same year. He was chosen to perform in The Montreal Just for Laughs comedy festival in 2005 and also The Kilkenny Cats Laughs festival in 2005 and 2006. He wrote "TJ and TJ" sketches on Today FM. His Edinburgh debut "Do not adjust your mind reality is a fault" received a five star review from The Scotsman. He is currently co-host of Breakfast with Bernard and Keith on a new Irish Radio Station i105107.

He appears in the music video for "Orange" by David O'Doherty.

Saturday 3rd April Ben Buckley @ the Craichouse ComedyClub.

Headline Act Ben Buckley will close the night that boasts a stellar line up of comics. Ben took to the stage only two years ago and is a regular performer in the Craichouse as well as making his way up the comedy ladder in Cork, Tipperary, Dublin and beyond!. He is energetic, huggable, loveable and will rock your socks off till you have to put them back on again!

He has even achieved critical acclaim:

“One of the best sets I’ve seen in a longtime” The Laughing Langers

“The Best performance of the night had to be...Ben Buckley” UCC Express

“The guy with the massive forehead was the best...” Some Chic on Facebook
Old 07-04-2010, 09:10 PM

Comedy in Cork city this weekend,

Saturday 9th April Fred Cooke @ City Limits Comedy Club.

Fred Cooke first took to the comedy stage while studying in UCD.

This enabled him to work along side some of the great Irish comedians such as Jason Byrne,David O'Doherty and Ardal O'Hanlon.

Since graduating in 2004 Fred performs a

unique play full brand of musical comedy to audiences throughout Ireland and

abroad.

Fred has performed in such Venues including Vicar St, The

International Bar, The Comedy Cellar, The Comedy Capital Club, The Laughter

Lounge, Cuba (Galway), The Empire (Belfast) City Limits (Cork), The Stand

(Glasgow), The Stand (Edinburgh). He is also the Resident M.C of the Lantern

Laugh in Navan,

Co Meath and Co-Hosts the International bar every Tuesday Night

alongside Andrew Stanley at the Comedy Mish Mash.

He is an established Headliner Act throughout Ireland.

He has also being involved in the making and production

of many television programmes such as "Watch Your Language" RTE2, "

The Modest Adventures of David O Doherty" RTE2, and "The Liffey Laugh" The Crazy Chef on "The Cafe" RTE 2.

This is a unique and brilliant act that cannot be

missed!!!

"High octane, manic brand of surreal

genius" - The Munster Express

For my own input Fred is definitely one to catch, I haven't seen him in a while but the guy is very very funny. He has the advantage that he can also play guitar so really has a wide range to his comedy. One of the funniest comedians out there.

Saturday 9th April Eugene Maher @ the Craichouse Comedy Club.

Eugene hails form Co Tipp, and has been doing very well on the National comedy circuit. He has steadily been building a bit of a following, good strong comedians who will make you laugh.
The night will also see action from some of the Craichouse regulars.
Old 09-04-2010, 10:05 PM

Default Cork Comedy Scene

I think the choice and value of comedy gigs in Cork is brilliant. Bringing the missus to the Craichouse tomorrow night to see what she makes of it.
Old 14-04-2010, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by try_anything_once View Post
I think the choice and value of comedy gigs in Cork is brilliant. Bringing the missus to the Craichouse tomorrow night to see what she makes of it.
Well did you go and more so what did the wife think of the Craichouse
Old 14-04-2010, 07:32 PM

Comedy in Cork this Week-end.

Saturday 17th April Dave McSavage in City Limits.

Hilarious" "McSavage has a good go at poking our sacred cows firmly in the eye"- The Irish Times

"McSavage is the most divisive comedian in the country. He's been known to heckle his own audience. Wild, possibly uncontainable, imagination on the loose" -The Evening Herald

"McSavage makes most Irish Funnymen look like corperate entertainers" - The Sunday Independent

Following the success of David McSavage's pilot for the RTÉ Two comedy series Project Ha Ha earlier this year, THE SAVAGE EYE returned for a full 6-part run to rave reviews and critical acclaim.

But to see Mc Savage live, is to see him at his best.

From my own view point Dave is not very PC thank God, and certainly one of the best out there. If you haven't seen him your in for a treat, and if you have seen him, well you know you will want to go again. You might catch him doing his street performance in Panna, sometimes if he's in Cork early enough he does a gig on the street.

Saturday 17th April, Kevin Goldsmith in the Craichouse.

Kevin hails from the Northside of Cork so is really one of our own. Kevin started on Des Bishop's "Joy in the Hood" (yeah he was the drunk one). Now living in Kildare he is proving very popular with audience everywhere on the comedy circuit. Full of energy from start to finish and never uses a mic.

Well I think that's about it, so if your looking for something to do this week end why not try the local comedy scene, you have great choice in both clubs. Enjoy the week-end.
Old 18-04-2010, 05:20 PM

First time at the craichouse last night and I really enjoyed it. There was a great atmosphere and very talented comedians. I was looking forward to Kevin Goldsmith in particular. It's a shame he left early. I loved his Ann and Barry joke! But I'd definitely go back again.
Old 19-04-2010, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelpixie View Post
First time at the craichouse last night and I really enjoyed it. There was a great atmosphere and very talented comedians. I was looking forward to Kevin Goldsmith in particular. It's a shame he left early. I loved his Ann and Barry joke! But I'd definitely go back again.
Glad you enjoyed the Craichouse, it's a sweet venue for comedy. Kevin is an amazing comedian full of energy, strange he left early as Kevin would keep going full charge till the early hours.