The new Apple Macbooks - Page 3 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Tech Forum
User Name
Password

Old 18-06-2009, 09:39 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by thread_killer View Post
They look shiny. And Apple have good marketing department. Their main target market don't know what a MHz is, or care to know. More money than sense.
Spot on. Sums the whole Apple myth up.
Old 18-06-2009, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by How bad boy View Post
Windows stuff isn't completely rubbish either and the laptops have gotten far better asthetically over the past few years.
totally agree!! but, where apple develop their OS on their own pretty much tailored machine, I do think you see the benefit performance wise after time. Where as its other companies have had to compete aesthetically with apples's designs not windows themselves, the one thing they have to focus on, they got a bit wrong, and I think that was a shame. Heres to windows 7 though, haven't used it yet(the beta), or seen anything/read anything about it, but I hope it is nice!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by daithi81 View Post
Spot on. Sums the whole Apple myth up.
nah it doesn't really.
Old 18-06-2009, 10:03 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niall D View Post
nah it doesn't really.
Overpowered computers, marketed to morons who don't need them.

I would be willing to say that less than 1% of people who buy macs genuinely need the considerable power they have.

The other 99% are mindless drones who fall for the catchy ads, the celebrity affiliations and the aesthetic chrome facade.

There are perfectly good laptops out there for €600 which do the job most of us need one for: Internet, office and music/videos.

Fin.
Old 18-06-2009, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Overpowered computers, marketed to morons who don't need them.

I would be willing to say that less than 1% of people who buy macs genuinely need the considerable power they have.

The other 99% are mindless drones who fall for the catchy ads, the celebrity affiliations and the aesthetic chrome facade.

There are perfectly good laptops out there for €600 which do the job most of us need one for: Internet, office and music/videos.

Fin.
1%!!! I use mine for coding, the other 2 here in work use Adobe products on theirs and one codes. Most people on here who I've heard of using them, use ableton and the likes, everyone i know in college with them, is either doing design, music production or use them to code. Anyone who does buy a mac because they look nice, well sure how bad, because 99% of the people in this country do it with other products such as cars, clothes, shoes etc. anyway
Old 18-06-2009, 11:32 AM
Banned

Quote:
1%!!! I use mine for coding, the other 2 here in work use Adobe products on theirs and one codes. Most people on here who I've heard of using them, use ableton and the likes, everyone i know in college with them, is either doing design, music production or use them to code. Anyone who does buy a mac because they look nice, well sure how bad, because 99% of the people in this country do it with other products such as cars, clothes, shoes etc. anyway
Exactly, what you described about would be about 1%. The remainder use their mac for basic tasks, which they could have achieved with a €600 laptop.

Mugs.
Old 18-06-2009, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Exactly, what you described about would be about 1%. The remainder use their mac for basic tasks, which they could have achieved with a €600 laptop.

Mugs.
sorry!! i meant about 99% of the people i know who have them, don't use them for basic tasks!!
Old 18-06-2009, 12:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
sorry!! i meant about 99% of the people i know who have them, don't use them for basic tasks!!
Lies...
Old 18-06-2009, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Lies...
why would i lie
Old 18-06-2009, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Lies...
???
Dunno about 99% for me but certainly the VAST majority of people I know with macs don't use them for basic tasks, anything but. What exactly is it you find hard to understand about people inhabiting a different demograph of computer users than you?
Old 18-06-2009, 08:12 PM

I use a PC for failry heavy imaging tasks and I've had probelms for years. Fought he MAC thing for as long as I could. Went to a colleague's office saw the ease with which the MAC systems deals with tasks that my PC normally hangs on. Fair enough my PC is a little old, but I'm giving MAC a try this time out. PC sucks, for me, I've upgrade, updated, it's still shit.

I bought a Mac Pro with 28 Inch Cinema Screen job. Screens are far superior on MAC too.

All of this was brought about also by a recent purchase of an i-phone. What an operating system, even if the 'upgrade' is full of basic stuff...

B