tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
Wanted - Musicians for folk/rock band - Cork City - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Users Ads & Discussion > Music Mart
User Name
Password

Old 15-03-2013, 05:01 PM

Default Wanted - Musicians for folk/rock band - Cork City

Hello, I am a songwriter from Cork City and I am looking to form a new band.

Currently, the type of songs I am writing are folky, see the link below for a home demo (band name is something from my favourite film, I am flexible on it):

http://breakingtunes.com/churchofthethirdrevelation

but I have written a broader range of stuff in the past, here (up until last year) I was composing and arranging the music only (the top two songs are an acoustic set we did on radio, scroll below for proper recordings):

https://soundcloud.com/emperorsofantarctica

But for now, I seem to be writing folky stuff. Initially, I would like to use rehearsal studios that provide a back line. But that's just my preference.

A band set-up I would ideally like would be drums, bass, 1-2 guitars and keys. If possible, I would also like a proper percussionist, but that might be fanciful thinking. I would also like one female voice somewhere in there. Finally, I would prefer if at least three members can sing. I can sing, so that's one down.

I'm not too picky about age, so long as you turn up to rehearsals, and not be constantly stoned/drunk. A while back I auditioned a guy, and he was great, we went for a smoke break and he came back stoned off his box and couldn't remember any of the songs. Well, I can laugh now...

So, if you are interested, let me know.

Old 19-03-2013, 09:04 AM

bump
Old 19-03-2013, 09:15 AM
Boys Oh Boys Forum Users

Shlapping de bass
Old 20-03-2013, 03:22 PM

Loved Ashes. I hope you succeed. The only thing I play on is people's nerves. Good luck.
Old 21-03-2013, 02:58 PM

Band name is now Saipan

http://breakingtunes.com/saipan

Thanks degbor, I wasn't so sure about it, so that is encouraging. Thanks.
Old 22-03-2013, 04:35 PM

I really like your stuff man, too bad I am not in your area at the moment (I play keys and a sax). A forum is good to network, but you could also look for mates in the area maybe just by leaving some project-describing postcards in your area, with a clear info how one can get a hold of you (FB link to your band's page works perfectly). For our photo studio promotion we ordered a stack of our cards online with the details on the back and just had the office assistant take a half-day off leaving them in places where allowed. Within a few days we had some positive responses, so you should consider, because you're good, I'm sure someone will enjoy being that band!
Old 07-05-2013, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by corkamateurdrama View Post
Hello, I am a songwriter from Cork City and I am looking to form a new band.

Currently, the type of songs I am writing are folky, see the link below for a home demo (band name is something from my favourite film, I am flexible on it):

http://breakingtunes.com/churchofthethirdrevelation

but I have written a broader range of stuff in the past, here (up until last year) I was composing and arranging the music only (the top two songs are an acoustic set we did on radio, scroll below for proper recordings):

https://soundcloud.com/emperorsofantarctica

But for now, I seem to be writing folky stuff. Initially, I would like to use rehearsal studios that provide a back line. But that's just my preference.

A band set-up I would ideally like would be drums, bass, 1-2 guitars and keys. If possible, I would also like a proper percussionist, but that might be fanciful thinking. I would also like one female voice somewhere in there. Finally, I would prefer if at least three members can sing. I can sing, so that's one down.

I'm not too picky about age, so long as you turn up to rehearsals, and not be constantly stoned/drunk. A while back I auditioned a guy, and he was great, we went for a smoke break and he came back stoned off his box and couldn't remember any of the songs. Well, I can laugh now...

So, if you are interested, let me know.

I would be interested! A flute/sax/keys player. Give me a PM and I'll send you on my phone number
Old 14-05-2013, 05:54 PM

Dead links?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunbabe08 View Post
true. but it sucks, especially when nothing comes
Old 11-06-2013, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowbat View Post
I really like your stuff man, too bad I am not in your area at the moment (I play keys and a sax). A forum is good to network, but you could also look for mates in the area maybe just by leaving some project-describing postcards in your area, with a clear info how one can get a hold of you (FB link to your band's page works perfectly). For our photo studio promotion we ordered a stack of our cards online with the details on the back and just had the office assistant take a half-day off leaving them in places where allowed. Within a few days we had some positive responses, so you should consider, because you're good, I'm sure someone will enjoy being that band!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahj View Post
I would be interested! A flute/sax/keys player. Give me a PM and I'll send you on my phone number
Still interested? PM me.

Last edited by corkamateurdrama; 11-06-2013 at 02:42 PM..
Old 04-07-2013, 11:12 PM

Default Hi

PM sent!