tempobet Instagram Profiles
2nd oz visa - Page 2 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Travel Forum
User Name
Password

Old 01-10-2008, 05:10 AM

And sorry timeframe wise, if it's a working holiday visa it's done in a matter of days, if it's a skilled migrants or some description of a temporary resident visa and you are applying offshore (from Ireland) then you could be waiting some time.
Timeframes of up to two years are very common.

We are onshore and had to wait 10 months. They are bombarded with applicants.
Old 02-10-2008, 01:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wotalanger View Post
And sorry timeframe wise, if it's a working holiday visa it's done in a matter of days, if it's a skilled migrants or some description of a temporary resident visa and you are applying offshore (from Ireland) then you could be waiting some time.
Timeframes of up to two years are very common.

We are onshore and had to wait 10 months. They are bombarded with applicants.
thanks wotty
we will be tryin for a resident visa,starting the process soon.
Old 07-10-2008, 01:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyspud1 View Post
thanks wotty
we will be tryin for a resident visa,starting the process soon.
That could take a while from Ireland.
A friend of mine applied for a de facto visa from home while her husband was in Oz and it took a year to get it sorted.
I applied in Oz and once I had all the paperwork in order it 7 weeks for my visa to be approved.

The main thing is to give them as much info as you can when you first apply. Every time they have to ask you for more proof of your relationship or what ever it's another few weeks delay so give them as many pictures of you and the mrs, bills in both your names, bank statements of joint accounts (if you don't have one, get one and use it as a savings account or something)...anythin g that ties the two of you together for over 12 months. That'll speed things up a fair bit.
Old 07-10-2008, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooz1 View Post
That could take a while from Ireland.
A friend of mine applied for a de facto visa from home while her husband was in Oz and it took a year to get it sorted.
I applied in Oz and once I had all the paperwork in order it 7 weeks for my visa to be approved.

The main thing is to give them as much info as you can when you first apply. Every time they have to ask you for more proof of your relationship or what ever it's another few weeks delay so give them as many pictures of you and the mrs, bills in both your names, bank statements of joint accounts (if you don't have one, get one and use it as a savings account or something)...anythin g that ties the two of you together for over 12 months. That'll speed things up a fair bit.

thanks Sooz1,i will be starting the prosses very soon,i'll have loads of questions then
Old 13-10-2008, 06:34 AM

use form 888 for a stat dec from a friend about how they know you and the defacto and its genuine etc get 3 forms must be oz citizen or residnet and attach copy of their passport