tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
Simon Coveney - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Current & Local Affairs Forum
User Name
Password

Old 04-05-2019, 07:28 AM

Default Simon Coveney

Is Simon gonna be in trouble when the next election comes around? Or will he pull a few rabbits out of a few hats before then?

He didn’t do anything about The incinerator the last time it came up, call me a cynic but it’s being kept away from peoples mind by the courts or something and that suits this stage of the election cycle. Isn’t he buddy buddy with the people who want it built.

People living in Carrigaline must be prone to daily bouts of road rage with the traffic, as they continue to build more and more houses, and that’s before the paper thin level of policing is examined

The thousands who work In Ringaskiddy and sit in traffic won’t be to happy either but many are in different constituencies

And last but defiantly not least he’s one of the top dogs in the FFG government who are going to suffer because a lot of people are sick of their shit now
Old 04-05-2019, 10:53 PM
Senior PROC Member

Event Centre
Old 04-05-2019, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamish View Post
Event Centre
Yes. I want the Event Centre built on the Beamish site, it's the perfect place for it, and would rejuvenate the entire area.

Coveney will deserve the rewards if he delivers, but he will deserve a brutal kicking if it is not under construction before the next election. My feeling is that it suits BAM to slow walk this while he can use the site for a base for the other city centre projects he has on.
Old 05-05-2019, 07:45 AM
PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by outdagap View Post
Yes. I want the Event Centre built on the Beamish site, it's the perfect place for it, and would rejuvenate the entire area.

Coveney will deserve the rewards if he delivers, but he will deserve a brutal kicking if it is not under construction before the next election. My feeling is that it suits BAM to slow walk this while he can use the site for a base for the other city centre projects he has on.
What about traffic in and out ?
Old 05-05-2019, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballhopping View Post
What about traffic in and out ?
It's perfectly situated in the City Centre surrounded by loads of bars, restaurants and clubs, accessed by public transport and there are all the multi storey car parks available around the city too. I would expect traffic to be blocked from Tuckey Street and North Main Street, when the Event Centre is in use.
Old 04-05-2019, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawrenceSummers View Post
Is Simon gonna be in trouble when the next election comes around? Or will he pull a few rabbits out of a few hats before then?

He didn’t do anything about The incinerator the last time it came up, call me a cynic but it’s being kept away from peoples mind by the courts or something and that suits this stage of the election cycle. Isn’t he buddy buddy with the people who want it built.

People living in Carrigaline must be prone to daily bouts of road rage with the traffic, as they continue to build more and more houses, and that’s before the paper thin level of policing is examined

The thousands who work In Ringaskiddy and sit in traffic won’t be to happy either but many are in different constituencies

And last but defiantly not least he’s one of the top dogs in the FFG government who are going to suffer because a lot of people are sick of their shit now
Bear in mind that Martin and McGrath did nothing for Cork, and can't walk away from responsibility either.
Old 05-05-2019, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Bear in mind that Martin and McGrath did nothing for Cork, and can't walk away from responsibility either.

Yea, I was gonna include them but (apparently) they are not in power.

The announcement of the Cork Limerick motorway being built by 2027 is hardly something to be proud of. 10km of road a year, big up yourself.
Old 05-05-2019, 07:47 AM
PROC Member

Quote:
Would you trust Ml Martin ?
Old 05-05-2019, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballhopping View Post
Would you trust Ml Martin ?
I can't think of a politician I would trust, of any party or independent. Martin isn't a politician of national stature, just a typical old school parish pump variety. That said, I'd have more respect for him than the insidious Michael McGrath, and in fact I admire the brave stance he took on the abortion referendum last year. Actually in fairness, I would add Billy Kelleher to that. Maybe it's because they could see the writing on the wall, and tried to position FF, but it was nonetheless brave when faced with the knucklescrapers.

When that's all said, Coveney has done pretty well in Foreign Affairs/Brexit, but locally he staked a huge amount on the Event Centre, so he'll be judged largely on that.
Old 07-05-2019, 07:22 AM
PROC Member

Quote:
I can't think of a politician I would trust, of any party or independent. Martin isn't a politician of national stature, just a typical old school parish pump variety. That said, I'd have more respect for him than the insidious Michael McGrath, and in fact I admire the brave stance he took on the abortion referendum last year. Actually in fairness, I would add Billy Kelleher to that. Maybe it's because they could see the writing on the wall, and tried to position FF, but it was nonetheless brave when faced with the knucklescrapers.

When that's all said, Coveney has done pretty well in Foreign Affairs/Brexit, but locally he staked a huge amount on the Event Centre, so he'll be judged largely on that.

Martin was leader ?
I agree it's all about the votes and once they're in 🙄