North Main Street - Page 2 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > The Langers Forum
User Name
Password

Old 10-11-2016, 02:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyAl View Post
Yes it is busy, busy handing out free money to all the dole heads. How long until its all paid into the bank like in the UK. They all get paid just after midnight, hence the 24hour supermarkets so the rest of us don't have to stand there, smelling their sourness, or shaking with their addictions.

How many post offices do you think there will be then?
None. They'll be wiped out.
All new staff too in Mayfield, new owner..Like what happened in Douglas sc
Old 10-11-2016, 02:23 PM
Banned
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by menace404 View Post
Legalise cannabis. Put in a few 'coffeeshops' to fill empty/vacant units. Eateries will follow suit as you get savage munchies after a few smokes. Problem solved.
We can't even get a bit of oil for people with serious illnesses M8 , never mind coffeeshops.

http://www.peoplesrepublicofcork.com...d.php?t=238508
Old 10-11-2016, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by menace404 View Post
Legalise cannabis. Put in a few 'coffeeshops' to fill empty/vacant units. Eateries will follow suit as you get savage munchies after a few smokes. Problem solved.
You do know about the smoking ban yes? You do also know the amount of money the government have and are spending on us to stub it out yes? Do you not think that endorsing smoking would be counter productive?

Face it and get over it m8. Its never going to happen.
Old 10-11-2016, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyAl View Post
You do know about the smoking ban yes? You do also know the amount of money the government have and are spending on us to stub it out yes? Do you not think that endorsing smoking would be counter productive?

Face it and get over it m8. Its never going to happen.
Can they make it into a vapour thingy? Am assuming it is possible. Legalising it is a no brainer in my opinion.
Old 10-11-2016, 02:57 PM
Banned
Senior PROC Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimeartimmyboy View Post
Can they make it into a vapour thingy? Am assuming it is possible. Legalising it is a no brainer in my opinion.
Yes they can.

https://www.groupon.com/deals/curv-v...c_interest_ms=
Old 10-11-2016, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimeartimmyboy View Post
You can buy cannabis vapour thingy on the INTERNET. Schools in america are having a great time due to this new fantastic, healthier way of smoking.

Can you not buy proper puff on the INTERNET yet? Id find it amazing if not.
Old 10-11-2016, 05:51 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacky View Post
The City have put in an arts centre in St.Peters and spent millions upgrading the roads,paving and lighting. The helped with the cinema development on bith sides of the street. It was and is always going to be a low rent street like Camden St or Aungier St. in Dublin. There is a €1.6 million shortfall in next years budget so rates will have to increase on businesses.

We need low rent streets like this btw.

The Arts Centre in St Peters is there since the 1990s back when the street was doing well - doubtful if the luvvies would put it in the street now. The so called upgrading of roads there leads me to believe you don't drive in the area regularly. They've widened the footpaths and restricted the parking there. It's a snarlup compared to what it used to be.
Cinema development on both sides of the street? The Gate was a good addition but the anciliary pub and shops have been a disaster. What's the other cinema development?

I'd rather the city gave rates break to new businesses coming into streets like NMS badly in need of a breath of life.

There was talk of Iceland having an outlet there - not as big a deal as Dunnes Stores but at least it would be something. Shopping centres wax and wane but there's parking for hundreds of cars on the back of the NMS one and there's surely a business opportunity there. Reduce the rates there and some might come. It's got a huge history for Cork and I think even apart from the business aspect, it would be a shame to leave NMS continue to dwindle and probably eventually die.

Remember back when French Church Street and Carey's Lane were just short cuts between Paul Street and Pana that smelled of piss? Look at them now. If there's passing people there's passing trade. And that's what's been taken away from NMS bit by bit. But the death knell was that new bridge I think.

It's a chicken and egg situation but Council needs to get more business in and more people going down NMS
Old 10-11-2016, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike View Post
the post office now gone bang not much left
Shame to see it so run down.

B
Old 10-11-2016, 08:53 PM
Banned

we need to raise rates and destroy local business. then build stupid looking buildings and put in a next or starbucks.
Old 10-11-2016, 09:04 PM
Banned

It's thriving m8s. Name me another street in Ireland with a Euro Giant, a Mr Price, a Maaddd, and about 30 charity shops. Dunnes was no loss but I feel sorry for the chemist in that building.