tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
Ashling Thompson, Cork Camogie player ! - Page 27 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Sports Forum
User Name
Password
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #261  
Old 25-06-2019, 10:02 AM
jimmym jimmym is online now
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 18,565
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingin View Post
And what would your opinion be if your daughter grew up to carry out an assault like A.T?
How do you know your daughter won't have her own issues as an adult, she could turn out to be an angry drunk, and get herself into trouble some night, god forbid.
There but for the grace of some old guy in the sky, go I, huh.

Taking pleasure in the plight of a young woman with serious issues is pretty sad in my opinion and a says more about you than anything else.
She has done wrong and will be punished for that. Whatever her punishment, be it custodial or otherwise I hope she seeks the help she clearly needs.
Would the same apply to a girl who was not a cork sport star?
Reply With Quote
  #262  
Old 25-06-2019, 10:05 AM
gingin gingin is online now
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 4,252
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmym View Post
Would the same apply to a girl who was not a cork sport star?
Absolutely. I couldn't give a toss about her profile as a camogie player. I'd feel the exact same if it was a single mother from Togher.
She is a young woman with serious issues who clearly needs help. Taking pleasure in seeing her in the dock is terribly sad.
Reply With Quote
  #263  
Old 25-06-2019, 10:12 AM
jimmym jimmym is online now
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 18,565
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingin View Post
Absolutely. I couldn't give a toss about her profile as a camogie player. I'd feel the exact same if it was a single mother from Togher.
She is a young woman with serious issues who clearly needs help. Taking pleasure in seeing her in the dock is terribly sad.
Fair enough,
Reply With Quote
  #264  
Old 25-06-2019, 10:59 AM
Pontipine Pontipine is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Inside my Flares..
Posts: 30,949
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingin View Post
Absolutely. I couldn't give a toss about her profile as a camogie player. I'd feel the exact same if it was a single mother from Togher.
She is a young woman with serious issues who clearly needs help. Taking pleasure in seeing her in the dock is terribly sad.
It sums you up with the “single mother from Togher” comment. As for the rest, I couldn’t care less what you think of my opinion in this case tbh. Anyone who commits these acts, sports star or not deserve a dip in prison.

It’s gas that some of you think anyone that feel that way is wrong and suggesting maybe it’s something personal. I don’t know anything about her off the pitch. If you think I’ll be jumping for joy if the girl is jailed is wrong.

You’re not fooling anyone with your ‘I couldn’t care less who she is’ comment, because I’ve never seen you support any other scut that carrys out these acts anywhere in any other thread. At least I’m consistent in my views in all threads on this type of topic.

Last edited by Pontipine; 25-06-2019 at 11:13 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #265  
Old 25-06-2019, 11:08 AM
Rorz Rorz is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Cork
Posts: 7,275
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingin View Post
And what would your opinion be if your daughter grew up to carry out an assault like A.T?
How do you know your daughter won't have her own issues as an adult, she could turn out to be an angry drunk, and get herself into trouble some night, god forbid.
There but for the grace of some old guy in the sky, go I, huh.

Taking pleasure in the plight of a young woman with serious issues is pretty sad in my opinion and a says more about you than anything else.
She has done wrong and will be punished for that. Whatever her punishment, be it custodial or otherwise I hope she seeks the help she clearly needs.

What serious issues does she have? She lashed out at 2 girls in a nightclub at 2am after what I'd imagine was an evening drinking. Thay happens every night of the week I'd imagine.

If she had gone out on two different occasions and hit two different people, I'd say it's the result on underlying problems.
Reply With Quote
  #266  
Old 25-06-2019, 11:17 AM
gingin gingin is online now
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 4,252
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pontipine View Post

You’re not fooling anyone with your ‘I couldn’t care less who she is’ comment, because I’ve never seen you support any other scut that carrys out these acts anywhere in any other thread. At least I’m consistent in my views in all threads on this type of topic.
Why would I defend these acts. There is no defense. I'm merely pointing out that your joy in the plight of others is warped and disturbing.

You sure are consistent. You're the lad known as pothole in the local garda station, they're all trying to avoid you.
Reply With Quote
  #267  
Old 25-06-2019, 11:19 AM
TheEarlofPearl TheEarlofPearl is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 12,606
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingin View Post
Why would I defend these acts. There is no defense. I'm merely pointing out that your joy in the plight of others is warped and disturbing.

You sure are consistent. You're the lad known as pothole in the local garda station, they're all trying to avoid you.
Reply With Quote
  #268  
Old 25-06-2019, 11:19 AM
gingin gingin is online now
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 4,252
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorz View Post
What serious issues does she have? She lashed out at 2 girls in a nightclub at 2am after what I'd imagine was an evening drinking. Thay happens every night of the week I'd imagine.

If she had gone out on two different occasions and hit two different people, I'd say it's the result on underlying problems.
Getting yourself in trouble with the gardai after taking drink would be deemed to be serious issue.
I know if I ended up in the dock over something I did while drinking then I'd want to address whatever issues there are sharpish.
Sure we all know that guy "he's a lovely lad when sober".
Reply With Quote
  #269  
Old 25-06-2019, 11:26 AM
TheEarlofPearl TheEarlofPearl is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 12,606
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmym View Post
Would the same apply to a girl who was not a cork sport star?
This wouldn't have even come to court if she wasn't a Cork sports star. It would have been dealt with in cop shop with a caution but because they decided to charged her with assault with intent to harm( which was withdrawn by the DPP) they couldn't.
Reply With Quote
  #270  
Old 25-06-2019, 11:37 AM
Pontipine Pontipine is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Inside my Flares..
Posts: 30,949
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingin View Post
Why would I defend these acts. There is no defense. I'm merely pointing out that your joy in the plight of others is warped and disturbing.

You sure are consistent. You're the lad known as pothole in the local garda station, they're all trying to avoid you.
I have no idea what you are talking about.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump










All times are GMT. The time now is 02:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All forum comments are the sole responsibility and property of forum users. PeoplesRepublicOfCork.com and its sponsors disclaim all liability for content posted by users of the forum. PeoplesRepublicOfCork.com and its sponsors do not necessarily share the views expressed in this forum. Use the report post system to have comments considered for edit or deletion. All users are IP logged. Website hosted by Hostrocket USA.