tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
Irish team named - Page 5 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Sports Forum
User Name
Password

Old 06-09-2007, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legend76 View Post
The only time a player had to actually play for his sham "club" in the professional era was when Leinster fecked up the paperwork and Felipe Contepomi had to play for Carlow.

by the way lads the SFI would love this

Webb-Ellis at Rugby, 1823, A more modern version of the great moment when he picked up the ball and ran with it

Young William Webb-Ellis (playing at 10) fires an adventurous double skip pass (beyond the two centres) to the full back arriving at speed into the line. However, the move is scuppered when the inexperienced full back (they'd only been playing for two days) drops the ball and knocks it forward before diving on it and is then swallowed up by a mass of bodies.

A posh young opposition player approaches William and loudly protests that the full back's lack of skill and failure to cleanly grab and hold onto the ball should result in a turnover of possession to his own team.

Webb-Ellis takes a breath and then, after a brief pause, shouts, 'Alright chaps, eight rotund chaps from each side over here.'

The eight fattest fucks on both sides waddle over and then William goes, 'Three chubbiest link arms now. Two tallest also link arms and stick your heads between the assholes of the front chubby three. Likewise the stockiest chap should stick his head between the asses of the tall two. If there's two wirey guys left over then they should hold onto the edge of the other six and grimmace. Now the eight on either side must crouch down and then shove into each other, though I hope the smell for those close to assholes isn't frightfully bad. Feel free to tie a bit of tape around your foreheads and down over your ears too. Where were we? Yes, one other smaller chap from the opponent team please retrieve the ball after the knock on and we shall resume play by throwing the ball into this 'scrum' of gents. Are we all clear on this?'

I think Rooney has the potential to be a great midfield player
Old 06-09-2007, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legend76 View Post
1. O'Gara was an Under 8 in 1985, ten years before the IRB on August 26, 1995 declared rugby union an "open" game and removed all restrictions on payments or benefits to those connected with the game.

2. I was answering Eau Rouge's seemingly serious question about the Top players playing for their "clubs".

3. I can't think off a more notiable time anyone in the professional era had to play for a club

perhaps you wanted greater clarity???
O'Gara won the AIB league with Cork Con he landed a last minute penalty, when a helicopter??? don't ask me why landed directly between the posts as he was lining it up. Munster players regularly play for their clubs, Wallace, Quinlan, Flannery to name a few when the weren't with Ireland.
Old 06-09-2007, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by POL View Post
typical jocks, arguing amongst themselves because they don't even know the rules properly
No pol this now is an example of discussing , something you and your mates know nothing about.
Old 06-09-2007, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emurf View Post
No pol this now is an example of discussing , something you and your mates know nothing about.
I know plenty about this sham of a game, thats why I despise it, g and t there squire?

I think Rooney has the potential to be a great midfield player
Old 06-09-2007, 05:15 PM

Quote:
To be honest, I was waiting for someone to tell me to 'shut the fuck up jock and learn the rules'... Could have proved them wrong then...
Old 06-09-2007, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by POL View Post
I know plenty about this sham of a game, thats why I despise it, g and t there squire?
I never said you didn't know anything about rugby thats why the comma is there. Learn punctuation "squire " it's discussions you know nothing about.
Old 06-09-2007, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirps View Post
To be honest, I was waiting for someone to tell me to 'shut the fuck up jock and learn the rules'... Could have proved them wrong then...
Why ?
Old 06-09-2007, 05:23 PM

Quote:
I never said you didn't know anything about rugby thats why the comma is there. Learn punctuation "squire " it's discussions you know nothing about.
You should have had commas either side of the 'now' as well.
Someone as gifted as you obviously are at languages should have known that.
Old 06-09-2007, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raZor View Post
O'Gara won the AIB league with Cork Con he landed a last minute penalty, when a helicopter??? don't ask me why landed directly between the posts as he was lining it up. Munster players regularly play for their clubs, Wallace, Quinlan, Flannery to name a few when they weren't with Ireland.
Of course the munster lads do. I do realise that. I did provide a rather simple answer , to what was , I thought a very simple question.

if you really want to split heirs on this one, go back to POL's original post, and add up the total number of 'club' appearances by the entire team since the Heino Cup became serious business.

It you can't see why I chose the Carlow-gate incident, then you probably should consider changing your username to something a little less sharp.

* maybe blunt2me
Old 06-09-2007, 06:08 PM

Says the self proclaimed legend, self praise is no praise, no praise at all.

You said Contepomi was the only player to play for the club in the professional era, which is in fact wrong.