tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
Irish team named - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Sports Forum
User Name
Password

Old 06-09-2007, 12:16 PM

Default Irish team named

Ireland: 15 Girvan Dempsey (Terenure College/Leinster), 14 Andrew Trimble (Ballymena/Ulster), 13 Brian O'Driscoll (UCD/Leinster, captain), 12 Gordon D'Arcy (Lansdowne/Leinster), 11 Denis Hickie (St.Mary's College/Leinster), 10 Ronan O'Gara (Cork Constitution/Munster), 9 Peter Stringer (Shannon/Munster), 8 Denis Leamy (Cork Constitution/Munster), 7 David Wallace (Garryowen/Munster), 6 Simon Easterby (Llanelli Scarlets), 5 Paul O'Connell (Young Munster/Munster), 4 Donncha O'Callaghan (Cork Constitution/Munster), 3 John Hayes (Shannon/Munster), 2 Rory Best (Belfast Harlequins/Ulster), 1 Marcus Horan (Shannon/Munster),
Replacements: 16 Jerry Flannery (Shannon/Munster), 17 Simon Best (Belfast Harlequins/Ulster), 18 Malcolm O'Kelly (St.Mary's College/Leinster), 19 Neil Best (Belfast Harlequins/Ulster), 20 Isaac Boss (Ballymena/Ulster), 21 Paddy Wallace (Ballymena/Ulster), 22 Geordan Murphy (Leicester Tigers).

I think Rooney has the potential to be a great midfield player
Old 06-09-2007, 12:23 PM

Being a committed bandwagoner, just how accurate are the non-regional clubs listed here? Does Ronan O'Gara really play for Cork Con, for example?

I know I know. Exposed etc etc
Old 06-09-2007, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eau Rouge View Post
Being a committed bandwagoner, just how accurate are the non-regional clubs listed here? Does Ronan O'Gara really play for Cork Con, for example?

You are dead right, The club reference is a complete joke. Anything to give legitimacy to the fact that the players play for 'clubs' that were invented in the year 2000. Complete sham

I think Rooney has the potential to be a great midfield player
Old 06-09-2007, 12:37 PM

good to see david wallace back, Im fucking sick at the fact boss is backup 9 instead of reddan though.
Old 06-09-2007, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantankerous bastard View Post
good to see david wallace back, Im fucking sick at the fact boss is backup 9 instead of reddan though.
3step boss?

fuck sake, he is a flankers dream. every one can read him.
Old 06-09-2007, 12:45 PM

where's chabal?
Old 06-09-2007, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eau Rouge View Post

The only time a player had to actually play for his sham "club" in the professional era was when Leinster fecked up the paperwork and Felipe Contepomi had to play for Carlow.

by the way lads the SFI would love this

Webb-Ellis at Rugby, 1823, A more modern version of the great moment when he picked up the ball and ran with it
Old 06-09-2007, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legend76 View Post
The only time a player had to actually play for his sham "club" in the professional era was when Leinster fecked up the paperwork and Felipe Contepomi had to play for Carlow.

by the way lads the SFI would love this

Webb-Ellis at Rugby, 1823, A more modern version of the great moment when he picked up the ball and ran with it
That's the only time anyone in the professional era had to play for a club is it? Ronan O'Gara was playing for Munster U-8's was he?
Old 06-09-2007, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raZor View Post
That's the only time anyone in the professional era had to play for a club is it? Ronan O'Gara was playing for Munster U-8's was he?
1. O'Gara was an Under 8 in 1985, ten years before the IRB on August 26, 1995 declared rugby union an "open" game and removed all restrictions on payments or benefits to those connected with the game.

2. I was answering Eau Rouge's seemingly serious question about the Top players playing for their "clubs".

3. I can't think off a more notiable time anyone in the professional era had to play for a club

perhaps you wanted greater clarity???
Old 06-09-2007, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legend76 View Post
1. O'Gara was an Under 8 in 1985, ten years before the IRB on August 26, 1995 declared rugby union an "open" game and removed all restrictions on payments or benefits to those connected with the game.

2. I was answering Eau Rouge's seemingly serious question about the Top players playing for their "clubs".

3. I can't think off a more notiable time anyone in the professional era had to play for a club

perhaps you wanted greater clarity???
O'Gara won the AIB league with Cork Con he landed a last minute penalty, when a helicopter??? don't ask me why landed directly between the posts as he was lining it up. Munster players regularly play for their clubs, Wallace, Quinlan, Flannery to name a few when the weren't with Ireland.