tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
Gardai attacking Cork Music - Page 3 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Current & Local Affairs Forum
User Name
Password
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 03-02-2020, 10:53 PM
Ianthecreepyrat Ianthecreepyrat is offline
Banned
PROC Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 1,195
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikari warrior View Post
To be fair I remember that particular night and mister x is correct but that was more to do With freshers week ,but nothing since .
Nothing to do with a "Garda assault on Cork music" though
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 03-02-2020, 11:00 PM
ikari warrior ikari warrior is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 942
Default

Garda assault on bad music and fellas wearing no socks my br in the public interest
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 03-02-2020, 11:34 PM
an liathroid beag an liathroid beag is offline
Senior PROC Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 16,139
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matlock View Post
You are making the mistake of conflating correlation and causation.
The X's are confused
__________________
A woman drove me to drink!-and I forgot to thank her!
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 03-02-2020, 11:38 PM
Matlock Matlock is offline
Senior PROC Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 48,821
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikari warrior View Post
garda assault on bad music and fellas wearing no socks my br in the public interest
😂
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 04-02-2020, 04:03 AM
Mister X Mister X is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 444
Default Ongoing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikari warrior View Post
To be fair I remember that particular night and mister x is correct but that was more to do With freshers week , but nothing since .
I will check with the guy that was there, but afaik it was way after Freshers week. It was however, definitely the first night that music shut down early at the Crane. Since.....
Friday last or the one before, again I can check with an ex venue owner who was there. Three uniformed Gardai entered a Douglas Street Venue. 11PM.
Just tonight I was chatting with another Pub owner, bit of music there. Uniformed Gardai entered recently during a busy night, demanding to see a paper licence.
As if Licences are not registered. As if they couldn't make the visit during the day?
This is really happening.

X
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 04-02-2020, 05:10 AM
casúr casúr is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: The Marsh "Inside The City Walls"
Posts: 1,861
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by One View Post
I remember them doling out plates of Beef Stroganof around Midnight in Henrys.


lol.
I just got a flashback when I read your comment. That really happened didn’t it? What year was that?
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 04-02-2020, 10:50 AM
ikari warrior ikari warrior is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 942
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister X View Post
I will check with the guy that was there, but afaik it was way after Freshers week. It was however, definitely the first night that music shut down early at the Crane. Since.....
Friday last or the one before, again I can check with an ex venue owner who was there. Three uniformed Gardai entered a Douglas Street Venue. 11PM.
Just tonight I was chatting with another Pub owner, bit of music there. Uniformed Gardai entered recently during a busy night, demanding to see a paper licence.
As if Licences are not registered. As if they couldn't make the visit during the day?
This is really happening.

X
Nah,for me anyway.
As I was saying live gigs now start earlier and end at 1.30 mid week,DJs till two midweek ,people are afraid of being bagged and go out earlier and go home earlier,they want the live fix a half hour earlier, ,I’m on the door most nights ,,
There was an interesting whistle blower article above bars in Killarney serving late with no exemptions,and I suspect this might be behind checks as this is different to the actual licensing,
It’s been my experience that the Gardaí visit all premises looking for paperwork so as to be seen as being even handed,I do agree it’s a bit off putting but at 440 euro a night to stay open an extra hour it’s sickening to think that some fellas are getting away with it with the previous blessing of the Gardaí,in Killarney anyway ,
Level playing field .
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 04-02-2020, 12:19 PM
One One is online now
Senior PROC Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 26,640
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by casúr View Post
I just got a flashback when I read your comment. That really happened didn’t it? What year was that?
Christ, Maybe 1999, 2000?
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 04-02-2020, 05:55 PM
Mister X Mister X is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 444
Default

Quote:
As I was saying live gigs now start earlier and end at 1.30 mid week,DJs till two midweek
Got it. And noted that other late bars are not doing the same. When did you start this new policy?
I assume Licences are centrally registered, so there is no need whatsoever to visit every or indeed any bar.
Even if not, why not visit during the day? Night visits in High Viz Trios, is clearly a show of power, intimidation. As was the mass raid. They are trying to look busy, avoiding the real work of preventing violent harm/murder and getting Smack out of Cork. Jaysus they are now even operating the utterly silly Panaban.
Dublin late bars close at 3AM. The late licence is absurd. Just another Tax and Lube For Lawyers. Given free reign, as in many Cities, the scene self regulates, eliminating the huge dangerous overload of everyone spilling onto the streets at the same time.
One of our gang has undertaken to request a meeting with McPolin. Should be interesting.

X

Last edited by Mister X; 04-02-2020 at 06:07 PM..
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump










All times are GMT. The time now is 03:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All forum comments are the sole responsibility and property of forum users. PeoplesRepublicOfCork.com and its sponsors disclaim all liability for content posted by users of the forum. PeoplesRepublicOfCork.com and its sponsors do not necessarily share the views expressed in this forum. Use the report post system to have comments considered for edit or deletion. All users are IP logged. Website hosted by Hostrocket USA.