tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
"I've managed to stay alive for 63 and a half years baby" - Page 4 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Sports Forum
User Name
Password

Old 06-05-2009, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffer31 View Post
i was banished to the box room last night so had to watch rte. of course i can see the funny side and all that but by god its embarassing. do ya ever get the impression that gilsey actually has no pants on under the table to accomodate his cholostomy bag. i always think one night they will have to cut to an add break while they try to revive gilsey who has a stroke mid sentance. cant believe he is only 63 (is this right) as he looks 83. as most of you have said ye cried laughing. imagine if you were not irish looking at this. very very embarrassing indeed.
What must the English think of us and our primitive ways?!
Old 06-05-2009, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffer31 View Post
i was banished to the box room last night so had to watch rte. of course i can see the funny side and all that but by god its embarassing. do ya ever get the impression that gilsey actually has no pants on under the table to accomodate his cholostomy bag. i always think one night they will have to cut to an add break while they try to revive gilsey who has a stroke mid sentance. cant believe he is only 63 (is this right) as he looks 83. as most of you have said ye cried laughing. imagine if you were not irish looking at this. very very embarrassing indeed.
Why would it be embarrassing to a non-Irish viewer? Plenty of UK-based football fans have seen youtube clips of Giles and Dunphy in action and without exception they lament the fact that they don't have the opportunity to hear similar honest, passionate analysis from the pundits on Sky and ITV.

Not saying Giles and Dunphy are always on the ball with everything that they say (which in a way is part of the entertainment), but at least they are always watchable and more often than not will make you reflect a little more on the game you have seen.

When you compare them to bloody Richard 'every game Sky show is an automatic thriller' Keys and Jamie 'sorry, I have nothing interesting to say but don't I look lovely' Redknapp, then I would suggest it is the Sky coverage which is in fact embarrassing and quiet frankly unwatchable.
Old 06-05-2009, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swoosh View Post
He said not because Wenger had better players but because WENGER thought he had better players. Thought obviously made a fool of him.

Wengers reluctance with the cheque book has ultimately cost Arsenal this season
wenger has spent 30m on nasri and arshavin
lets not buy into the hyperbole that he dont spend
Old 06-05-2009, 12:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by shez1987 View Post
Why would it be embarrassing to a non-Irish viewer? Plenty of UK-based football fans have seen youtube clips of Giles and Dunphy in action and without exception they lament the fact that they don't have the opportunity to hear similar honest, passionate analysis from the pundits on Sky and ITV.

Not saying Giles and Dunphy are always on the ball with everything that they say (which in a way is part of the entertainment), but at least they are always watchable and more often than not will make you reflect a little more on the game you have seen.

When you compare them to bloody Richard 'every game Sky show is an automatic thriller' Keys and Jamie 'sorry, I have nothing interesting to say but don't I look lovely' Redknapp, then I would suggest it is the Sky coverage which is in fact embarrassing and quiet frankly unwatchable.
well said that man.
Old 06-05-2009, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHANCE View Post
cheers for putting it up Chance. it was even funnier watching it the second time
Old 06-05-2009, 02:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by shez1987 View Post

never said a word about sky.....