tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
Cork Developments - Page 8 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Current & Local Affairs Forum
User Name
Password

Old 28-04-2014, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitcairn View Post
They have issued 'notices to treat' to 20 landowners at Dunkettle. Not sure what part of the cpo process that is.
They're gonna buy the landowners chocolates and roses and a voucher for a hairdo and makeover
Old 28-04-2014, 05:03 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Comic View Post
They're gonna buy the landowners chocolates and roses and a voucher for a hairdo and makeover
And give their ladies good rides.
Old 28-04-2014, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimeartimmyboy View Post
The construction equivalent of FF getting back into power

Heard it was June - they are working on it at the moment. They appointed a new management team in March.
Old 28-04-2014, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bin Hex 12 View Post
When is The Kingsley due back open?
I heard June as well. The outside of the building has been repainted - all sides. Major job required (and being done) to the electrical / mechanical systems.

From the number of vans parked their every day, I guess that serious efforts are being made.
Old 28-04-2014, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poulgorm View Post
I heard June as well. The outside of the building has been repainted - all sides. Major job required (and being done) to the electrical / mechanical systems.

From the number of vans parked their every day, I guess that serious efforts are being made.

Irish Open is the deadline I believe.
Old 29-04-2014, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meridian View Post
Anyway word is NRA have started buying the land necessary for the Dunkettle interchange today. The ball is rolling so I suppose 5 years?
Looking forward to having to bypass Cork to get to Cork, thanks to the wonderful new design!
I'd love to meet the 5-year-old who did it and explain to them why forgetting to put a route in between the country's two largest towns may cause problems.
Old 29-04-2014, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meridian View Post
Anyway word is NRA have started buying the land necessary for the Dunkettle interchange today. The ball is rolling so I suppose 5 years?
Looking forward to having to bypass Cork to get to Cork, thanks to the wonderful new design!
I'd love to meet the 5-year-old who did it and explain to them why forgetting to put a route in between the country's two largest towns may cause problems.
Old 29-04-2014, 10:53 AM

Also included in such a chat might be "why a pedestrian route across the mid-point of a motorway slip-road where traffic will be accelerating may be a bad idea".

Our brightest and best.

http://n8n25dunkettle.jacobs.com/doc...ig%203.2.5.PDF

"A cycle track will depart from the slip road then turn through 90° to meet the nearside edge of the slip road at the crossing point. This track will be dropped or raised to the level of the slip road over the width of the cycle track (2m minimum). At this point the cyclists are directed to a „stop line‟ located at the back of the hard strip before crossing the slip road at right angles. Once the slip road has been crossed the cyclists will yield before joining the hard shoulder along the mainline carriageway"

So yep, you wait for traffic to abate on the slip road, and peg it across lol. Look forward to seeing people attempt that.

To their credit, I think the rest of the design actually looks OK. To go from long tailbacks to freeflow will be great.
I can see Dublin-origin traffic to east-city just going via Glanmire though, rather than bothering with: a main interchange, a dumbell interchange to the east of the main interchange, the main interchange again westbound, then a newly signallised Dunkettle roundabout.

Pedestrians incapable of doing a bit of a sprint across a motorway sliproad, probably should be given a crossing of some sort.

Last edited by hans aus dtschl; 29-04-2014 at 11:17 AM..
Old 29-04-2014, 11:30 AM

Cant wait for the Toll too.
Old 01-05-2014, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poulgorm View Post

Errr, are they installing water reactive buoyancy aids for the next big wash up?

And what about the genius feat of planning and engineering that is the underground car park?